Total: 2
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: All Forums
02: All Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content preview
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

All Forums > WHATS ON YOUR MIND > SPORTS SHIT > ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????
ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

now since we have all seen the vid of the left hook.. what is your take on this???

im curious to know why fire feels this way...

Firegreen: The NFL and the Ravens got it wrong...AGAIN! I hope the Ravens lose every game and I also hope Ray Rice sues the hell out of them and Goodell.

Last edited by bagz on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

ive only hit a woman/girl once.. that was when i was 17 yrs old.. her name was mabel and she was coming at me to kick my ass.. i got one good punch in then she kicked my ass.. so i guess it didnt matter...

i do know one thing... most people would not get fired from their job if something like this happens away from work.....

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

As Warner Wolf used to say, let's go to the videotape:

It opens with a shot of the lobby in front of the elevator. Rice is standing alone waiting for his then-fiancee.

She arrives, and WALKS STRAIGHT PAST HIM, and SLAPS HIM in passing. Now, it was NOT a strong blow. I'm not even sure if it connected; and if it had, it wouldn't have even stung Rice. But SHE DID DO IT. And LEGALLY, THAT IN AND OF ITSELF CONSTITUTES DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

A previous NY Post story said, he scuffled with her in the lobby. NOT SO. The tape shows, he calmly walked behind her into the elevator by about 3 feet.

As soon as he saw the elevator door was closed, he then "got into her space." He got real close to her, like thisclose, and backed her into a corner. His intention was clearly to intimidate her, but HIS ARMS WERE DOWN THE ENTIRE TIME. Her posture at this point was defensive. She was half-turned away from him. She then put up HER left arm and lightly slapped Rice.

He then not-so-lightly slapped her back. AND BACKED AWAY. Then, she moved toward him, and that's when he laid her flat with a single blow to her face. (Is Rice a lefty?)

The next 3 minutes or so of the tape show her knocked out cold, then slowly reviving and getting up.

And as she got up and went away, SHE SLAPPED AT RICE AGAIN. Again, not hard, nothing that would sting him.

But SHE actually struck the first AND final blows. LEGALLY, it constitutes Domestic Violence on HER part too.

It is perhaps for this very reason that she has acknowledged her own role in all this.

UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

Honestly it's wrong...but he shouldn't be off the team.... That's his own business and problem.... If his wife doesn't press charges and married him, why is that a problem??? Yes, he should be a role model...but he shouldn't be off the team for the entire season....I think it's BS...but could care less about Baltimore and Rice
simpleandy
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

If this video was one of my employees I would fire them immediately.
Firegreen
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

Bagz, I think the NFL was probably too light in initially going with two games and the public let Goodell have it. The problem is that like so many other times he's felt any public pressure, Goodell takes the first opportunity he gets to right his wrongs and goes off the fucking deep end in the other direction. This time, he had the Ravens go right off the deep end with him.

My biggest problem is that not one thing changed yesterday in my opinion. Anyone with a brain knew what happened in that elevator after seeing the first video and listening to Police statements. So if the court had made their ruling and Goodell had made his, not to mention the wife forgiving him, I see no need for the NFL and Ravens to try to come off like heros now. Did the facts of the crime change? Not one bit.

I would honestly still say the first video makes Ray look worse just because his actions were less about emotions at that point and he still showed no concern. That said, everyone makes mistakes and he had been nothing but a stand up citizen prior to and after this sequence and I think he is remorseful for what happened. For the NFL to make an example out of him now, and for the Ravens to turn their backs on him now, is pathetic.
simpleandy
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

Fire is the blackest white guy I know.

HE KNOCKED THIS CHICK OUT COLD!!!
simpleandy
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

I agree with you Fire...You nailed it dead on.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

People make mistakes...It's not like he did this more than once...if he did I could see it being this big deal they turned this sh*t into.
theCoach
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

I am not quite sure where I am on this but I do know this....if/when he gets reinstated in a year or so...he will get a shot some where even though there is at least one owner on record as saying he will never play again, don't ask me where, maybe with the 49ers just to piss Bagz off..lmao...
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ALRIGHT ILL TOSS THIS OUT THERE.... RAY RICE ????

hes a hell of a football player... ill take him

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT All times are America/Los_Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: