01: All Forums
02: All Forums
03: Your Account
04: All Forums
05: NCAAM Basketball Schedule

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content preview
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

All Forums > WHATS ON YOUR MIND > SPORTS SHIT > nba playoff stuff!
nba playoff stuff!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Golden State Warriors at Portland Trail Blazers (+5, 214.5)

Warriors lead series 2-1

The Portland Trail Blazers are back in the series after a win in Game 3 and look like a different team in front of their home fans. The Trail Blazers will try to even the Western Conference semifinals at two wins apiece when they host the top-seeded Golden State Warriors in Game 4 on Monday.

The availability of reigning MVP Stephen Curry has been looming over the entire series, and the star guard is inching closer to a return. Curry (knee sprain) played 2-on-2 before Game 3 but was on the bench in street clothes when the game started and had to watch Portland guard Damian Lillard bury deep 3-pointers and spark his team to victory while rallying his teammates and the home fans. “I didn’t think it was on me to go win the game or anything, but I did think it was my job to come out and be aggressive from the start,” Lillard told reporters. “A lot of times, the team will go as I go. That goes for more than just scoring the ball, that means how focused I am, how accountable I’m holding myself.” The Trail Blazers are undefeated at home during the playoffs and went 17-of-30 from 3-point range in the 120-108 victory.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

LINE HISTORY: The Warriors opened as 4.5-point favorites on the road for this critical Game 4 matchup - by Sunday afternoon the line had been bet up to Warriors -5. The total opened at 214 and has been steady since its release

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (79-11, 51-37-2 ATS, 48-41-1 O/U): Golden State grabbed a 28-22 lead after the first quarter of Game 3 but fell off the pace when Draymond Green and Klay Thompson went to the bench to begin the second and never managed to get back over the hump. “We didn’t keep that same edge,” Thompson told reporters. “We got away from our game plan at times, especially on the offensive end, too many one- or two-pass shots. We’ve got to wear these guys down with five more passes and make those guys work out there playing big minutes, but we’ll make the adjustment Monday.” Curry will ramp up his practice work on Sunday and could be available in some capacity on Monday.

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS (49-42, 48-43 ATS, 48-43 O/U): Portland got a huge boost on Saturday from small forward Al-Farouq Aminu, who went 8-of-9 from the floor, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range, to give Lillard some much-needed scoring support. “He had 23 points on nine shots, he shot it with confidence,” Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts told reporters of Aminu. “I thought defensively, he was solid. You’ve got to be able to score against Golden State. If you don’t score, they’re such an explosive offensive team that you’ve got to be able to score and I liked his aggressiveness a couple times on drives to the basket and obviously going 4 for 5 from three.” Aminu is averaging 17.3 points on 59.4 percent shooting in the series.

TRENDS:

* Warriors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
* Trail Blazers are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
* Under is 7-1 in Warriors last 8 road games.
* Over is 9-0 in Trail Blazers last 9 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
* Over is 8-1 in the last 9 meetings.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Preview: Raptors (56-26) at Heat (48-34)

Date: May 09, 2016 8:00 PM EDT

MIAMI (AP) Miami's Hassan Whiteside and Toronto's Jonas Valanciunas won't square off anymore in this Heat-Raptors Eastern Conference semifinal series.

And as the games get bigger, the lineups will be smaller.

Whiteside is day-to-day with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, and Valanciunas will miss the rest of the series with a sprained right ankle. Both starting centers were injured in Game 3 of the series Saturday, and both got the news about their immediate futures in MRI exams that were performed Sunday.

'Hassan was thrilled with the news,' Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. 'Neither one of us slept much last night.'

Miami listed Whiteside as questionable for Monday's Game 4 of the series, which Toronto leads 2-1. The results of his MRI came out not long before Toronto said Valanciunas would miss the rest of the series, with no firmer timetable offered should the Raptors advance.

'Big, big, big, big, big blow for us,' Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri said. 'Big blow for JV. ... But you know what? This is the life in the NBA and we carry on.'

Whiteside's injury is similar to that of Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry. Typically, the recovery for a mild MCL sprain can be a couple of weeks - though there are examples where players returned within a day or two and others where it has dragged on for several weeks.

The severity of Whiteside's injury is not known. Curry's was a Grade 1 sprain, which is defined as slight.

'It's not always about who's the best team. It's always about who's the healthiest team,' Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. 'That being said, there's nothing you can do. ... It'll be a different game for us with Hassan out, but we have to figure out a game that's successful for us.'

Whiteside was hurt with 10:54 left in the second quarter Saturday, trying to position himself for a rebound.

Toronto's Kyle Lowry was called for a loose-ball foul on the play, after he got caught pulling Whiteside's arm. As Whiteside awkwardly fell backward, it appeared his right knee was inadvertently hit from the side by the Raptors' Cory Joseph and from the back by Heat teammate Luol Deng.

If Whiteside can't play, the Heat will have 14 feet of key players sidelined. All-Star forward Chris Bosh hasn't played since he was diagnosed with another blood clot in February, and he and the Heat announced last week that his season is over.

Whiteside led the NBA in blocked shots this season, averaging 3.7 on his way to finishing third in the voting for defensive player of the year. He averaged 14.2 points and 11.8 rebounds in the regular season on 61 percent shooting, then 12 points and 10.9 rebounds in the playoffs on 68 percent shooting.

If he can't play, that could mean more minutes for Heat veteran Udonis Haslem.

'Whatever it takes, man,' Haslem said. 'This is why I keep myself in shape, so I can be ready.'

Valanciunas was injured in the third quarter of Toronto's win. He's averaged 15 points and 12.1 rebounds in these playoffs and had a double-double in all three games against the Heat.

Toronto outscored Miami by 41 points when Valanciunas was on the floor in the first three games. The Heat have outscored the Raptors by 39 when he hasn't been on the court.

'He's been playing so well,' Lowry said. 'His confidence was sky-high. But for us as a team, it's next man up.'
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Preview: Warriors (73-9) at Trail Blazers (44-38)

Date: May 09, 2016 10:30 PM EDT

(AP) - Losing streaks don't happen to the Warriors.

Golden State is 10-0 in games that immediately follow losses this season, winning those by an average of 15.8 points. Put another way, when the Warriors are annoyed, they respond - and usually emphatically.

They haven't lost consecutive games since last year's NBA Finals. For that trend to continue, they'll likely have to win Game 4 on Monday night in Portland without Stephen Curry, who is considered doubtful.

The reigning MVP has missed six of Golden State's eight postseason games, including the last four after suffering a sprained knee ligament in Game 4 of the Warriors' first-round series with Houston.

Draymond Green finished with 37 points, nine rebounds and eight assists while Klay Thompson had 35 points in Game 3 on Saturday, but Leandro Barbosa was the only other Warrior in double figures in a 120-108 defeat.

Only Green and Thompson attempted more than eight shots.

"We don't have the luxury of staying with a set rotation," coach Steve Kerr said. "We have to read what's going on and play different people based on what we see and what we need, but that's all right. We've got a lot of players who can play and they've been ready to perform all year."

If the Warriors do get Curry back, the emotional lift would be seismic. Plus, Golden State knows that taking a 3-1 lead back home would present them with a chance for not just a closeout opportunity in Game 5, but perhaps a nice bit of rest before facing either San Antonio or Oklahoma City in the Western Conference finals.

"Now they're feeling like they can do it," Green said about the Trail Blazers. "We know otherwise. You can expect Game 4 to be a battle."

Portland took control in the second quarter of Game 3 and didn't look back to make this a series. Damian Lillard finished with 40 points and 10 assists and is averaging 31.7 points in the series.

The Blazers won just two of the seven meetings this season with the Warriors - including this series - but that lack of success isn't because of Lillard, who's averaging 34.4 points in those matchups.

"I did think it was my job to come out and be aggressive from the start (Saturday)," Lillard said. "A lot of times the team will go as I go. That goes for more than just scoring the ball. That means how focused I am, how accountable I'm holding myself. I just wanted to come out and be aggressive.

"You don't want to be down 0-3. Period."

They're not, and Lillard got some help to prevent that. Al-Farouq Aminu finished with 23 points and 10 boards, while C.J. McCollum added 22 points. Heading back to Oakland with the series tied would be ideal, but coach Terry Stotts knows the Warriors are going to come out ready for a battle.

"All it means is that we won a home court game," Stotts said. "It was important to win it and it's going to be a tough game on Monday."

Portland easily could have the edge in the series, but it was outscored 34-12 in the fourth quarter of Game 2 and fell 110-99. Lillard was impressed with how the Blazers quickly moved on from that disappointment.

"I think we played a lot smarter down the stretch than we did the last game, and we challenged them," Lillard said. "Last game, I think, we played good and then we let up a little bit, and they turned it on - like championship teams do."

Portland wasn't even supposed to be here after losing LaMarcus Aldridge and multiple other contributors from last season's 54-win team. It won only three fewer games this season and shocked the Los Angeles Clippers in the first round.

The reigning champs have taken notice.

"I just admire what they're doing," Kerr said. "They're one of my favorite teams to watch."
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | GOLDEN STATE at PORTLAND
Play Against - Road favorites (GOLDEN STATE) after having covered 4 of their last 5 against the spread, a top-level team (>=75%) playing a team with a winning record
67-31 since 1997. ( 68.4% | 32.9 units )
3-2 this year. ( 60.0% | 0.8 units )

NBA | GOLDEN STATE at PORTLAND
Play Against - Home teams vs. the money line (PORTLAND) off an upset win as an underdog against opponent off an upset loss as a road favorite
46-21 over the last 5 seasons. ( 68.7% | 26.0 units )
8-7 this year. ( 53.3% | 1.8 units )

NBA | TORONTO at MIAMI
Play Under - Any team vs. the 1rst half line average 3PT shooting team (33-36.5%) against an average 3PT defense (33-36.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game) after 42+ games
133-74 since 1997. ( 64.3% | 51.6 units )
5-3 this year. ( 62.5% | 1.7 units )
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA Playoff BIG road favorites of -6 > points (Gold St Warriors on Mon) w/ an OU line of 201 > pts have gone 7-0 ATS s'03 and 2-9 O/U s'93
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

> Miami Heat: 8-3 ATS home playoffs off home loss, including 4-1 SUATS when off BB losses. Toronto Raptors: 3-18 SU last 23 playoff away games

> NBA Playoff #1 SEED favorites off a Playoff LOSS (Warriors) have gone 10-27 O/U since 2011... including a PERFECT 0-6 O/U when the OU line is > 200 points.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Toronto Raptors (56-26) at Miami Heat (48-34)

NBA: Monday, May 9, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. ET

Line: Miami -5.5

Over/Under: 190.5

The Toronto Raptors travel to American Airlines Arena to take on the Miami Heat for game four on Monday night. On Saturday night, the Raptors beat the Heat 95-91 to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Jonas Valanciunas (sprained right ankle) and Hassan Whiteside (knee) both suffered injuries in the contest. Kyle Lowry had his best game of the postseason going for 33 points (29 in second half). Going into the game Lowry hadn’t shot 40 percent from the field in a postseason game. A win for Toronto on Monday night would put them in control of the series while a win for the Heat would even it up.

The Toronto Raptors picked up a pivotal game three win thanks to Lowry’s great performance. The 30-year-old connected on 11-of-19 from the field including all five of his three-point attempts in the second half. Valanciunas was fantastic going for 16 points and 12 rebounds before getting injured early in the third quarter. Luis Scola got his first minutes of the series but he was ineffective missing both of his three-point shots. Toronto shot 47 percent from the field while holding Miami to 43 percent. The Raptors connected on 8-of-18 from downtown. DeMar DeRozan wound up with 19 points, six rebounds, and five assists.

The Miami Heat lost game three despite an unbelievable performance from Dwyane Wade. Wade led the Heat with 38 points and eight rebounds. The 34-year-old connected on 4-of-6 from 3-point range. Joe Johnson (10 points) and Goran Dragic (12 points) were the only players to score in double-digits other than the Wade. Udonis Haslem filled in for Whiteside nicely going for eight points and seven rebounds in 22 minutes. Miami did a good job in not making many mistakes. The Heat committed 10 turnovers in the contest. Wade passed Dirk Nowitzki for 14th in the NBA’s career postseason scoring list.

Trends:

The Toronto Raptors are:

20-7-1 ATS in their last 28 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.

The Miami Heat are:

11-5 over in last 16 Conference Semifinals games.

The pick: Toronto

If both bigs miss this contest the Raptors have an edge. I expect Lowry to play well once again and DeRozan will have an easier time finishing around the basket with Whiteside out. Haslem just doesn’t have the same presence on the defensive side. Give me Toronto and the points in a toss-up game.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Golden State Warriors 79-11 (51-37 ATS) at Portland Trail Blazers 49-42 (48-43 ATS)

When and Where: Monday, May 9, Moda Center, Portland, Ore. 10:30pm EDT (TNT)

After blowing an 11-point fourth quarter lead on the road in Game 2, the Trail Blazers made sure not to do the same thing at home with a 13-point lead heading into the fourth. Damian Lillard scored a playoff-best 40 points as Portland beat Golden State 120-108 to cut the Warriors lead to 2-1 in this best-of-seven series. Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals is a bit of a must-win for the Blazers as well. The team will not want to head back to Oakland trailing the defending World Champions 3-1 and on the brink of elimination.

While there had been some chatter about Stephen Curry returning for Game 3, it did not happen, and according to head coach Steve Curry, it is not likely to happen for Game 4 either. The team has still played stellar in the reigning MVP’s absence, but it all caught up to them in the Rose City on Saturday night. The squad led 28-22 after one quarter of action, but Draymond Green and Klay Thompson opened the second quarter on the bench and team would never really find their groove again. Green would finish with 37, and Thompson with 35, but it was not enough to overcome a disastrous second quarter that saw them get outscored 36-18. If the reports are correct and Curry is not available for Game 4, then Thompson and Green are going to need more help from the role players, like Shaun Livingston, who had been having a good series to this point while filling in for Curry.

Portland jumped right back in the series with their Game 3 victory at home. The fifth-seeded Blazers doubled up the defending World Champions in the second quarter and never looked back. Lillard, who scored 51 points in a regular season victory over Golden State, led the way with 40 points, but he had help. Al-Farouq Aminu had a double-double with 23 points and 10 boards, while C.J. McCollum pitched in 22 points in the victory. The team led by as many as 20 points in the fourth quarter en route to the 12-point win. With the victory, the Blazers became the first team to beat the Warriors twice during the 2015-16 campaign. If Portland hopes to even the series up, they will need continued production from Aminu, who is averaging 17.3 points and shooting 59.4 percent from the floor in the series.

Trends:

Golden State is:

5-1 ATS in their last 6 Conference Semifinals games
4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record
4-1 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game
8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall

Portland is:

2-6 ATS in their last 8 Conference Semifinals games
2-6 ATS in their last 8 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game
0-5 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game
0-7 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game

Pick: Golden State -5

Golden State lost Game 3 on the road in the opening round as well, by one point to the Rockets. All the Warriors did in Game 4 of that series was cruise to a 28-point road win in Game 4. They may not beat Portland by 28 in this Game 4, but look for the team to bounce back and earn a comfortable victory.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA First Quarter Pick
> Oklahoma City at San Antonio, SA -2 (1st quarter). San Antonio is off a bad loss at Oklahoma City and return home tied 2-2 in games. They have led three of the four games after one quarter by 23, 10 and 7 points. I expect the Spurs to jump ahead early and bounce back from a double digit loss.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Oklahoma City Thunder are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
Thunder are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
San Antonio Under is 4-0 in Spurs last 4 Tuesday games.
Under is 6-1 in Spurs last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
Under is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 home games.
Head to Head Thunder are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings.

Kevin Durant's huge game helped Oklahoma City knot the Western Conference semifinals and another stellar game from the All-Star forward could propel the third-seeded Thunder into a 3-2 series lead. Durant aims to follow up a 41-point effort in Game 4 and lead his team to a victory in San Antonio for the second time in this series when Oklahoma City visits the second-seeded Spurs on Tuesday.

Durant's output matched his career postseason high and he personally outscored San Antonio 17-16 in the final quarter of Sunday's 111-97 win. "When you have a deep team, those 40-point nights - they don't come a lot," Durant said afterward. "I'm just trying to be consistent in what I do, and I know in any given moment, I can go off and get a few shots." Though the Spurs were run out of the building in the final quarter of Game 4, concern was mild afterward with the pivotal Game 5 looming. "We were up for a good part of the game. We couldn't close it," backup shooting guard Manu Ginobili told reporters. "So we've got to keep fighting. Nobody expected to sweep or have an easy series against a team like them. We're going back home. We have homecourt advantage. Hopefully, we take care of it.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, TNT

ABOUT THE THUNDER: Durant is averaging 27.8 points in the series - he opened with a subpar 16-point showing in Game 1 - and point guard Russell Westbrook is averaging 22 points and 10.5 assists despite shooting just 33.3 percent. The biggest surprise has been the play of 22-year-old center Steven Adams, who has grabbed 10 or more rebounds in each of the four games while averaging 9.8 points and 12.3 rebounds as well as annoying most of the Spurs. "He makes the other bigs hate him because he goes hard every time," backup center Enes Kanter told reporters. "He gets under their skin, and in their head."

ABOUT THE SPURS: San Antonio was awful while being outscored 34-16 in the final quarter of Game 4 and it was more than Durant's greatness that decided the contest. "I think down the stretch in the fourth quarter, we made too many mistakes," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told reporters. "Just not remembering who we were guarding and how we wanted to play. But having said that, they out-toughed us, they battered us on the boards. At the same time, they had some other players that joined in and made shots." Point guard Tony Parker was strong offensively for the second straight game with 22 points - he is averaging 20.5 over the past two games after averaging just 4.5 over the first two contests.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Spurs C Tim Duncan went scoreless in 12 minutes in Game 4 and has been a complete nonfactor in the series, averaging three points and 3.8 rebounds.

2. Oklahoma City backup SG Dion Waiters scored 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting in Game 4 after being 6-of-17 shooting over the first three games.

3. San Antonio PF LaMarcus Aldridge, averaging 30.8 points in the series, is just 16-of-39 shooting over the last two games after being a splendid 33-of-44 over the first two contests.

PREDICTION: Thunder 114, Spurs 107
Under is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Oklahoma City Thunder 61-30 (42-48 ATS) at San Antonio Spurs 73-17 (49-41 ATS)

When and Where: Tuesday, May 10, AT&T Center, San Antonio, Texas 8:00pm EDT (TNT)

It took Kevin Durant matching his career playoff high, and a big fourth quarter, but Oklahoma City evened up best-of-seven series against the Spurs at two games apiece. Durant scored 41 points and his team won the last quarter by a 34-16 margin, and won the game, 111-97. The Thunder did not want to head back to San Antonio down 3-1, but with two of the final three Western Conference semifinal games taking place in the Lone Star State, will still have the odds stacked against them.

Not only did Durant’s 41 points match his career-playoff best, but he put the team on his shoulder in the fourth quarter. After three quarters of play, the Thunder trailed by four points, but Durant single-handedly outscored the Spurs 17-16 over the final 12 minutes of the 111-97 victory. The forwards was 14-for-25 from the field in the game, but 10-13 in a second half that saw him score 29 points. Russell Westbrook was his normal productive self, with 14 points, 15 assists, and seven rebounds. Steven Adams pitched in a double-double as well with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Dion Walters came off the bench and added 17 in the victory. Westbrook entered Sunday’s game averaging 10.3 assists per contest, tops of any player in the playoffs.

San Antonio showed up to play Sunday night, outscoring the Thunder 27-17 in the first quarter. An 11-point lead in the second quarter disappeared when a Kevin Durant 3-pointer gave Oklahoma City their first lead of the game with 1:47 remaining in the half. The Spurs responded with a 9-0 run to an eight point lead into the locker rooms. The lead was cut to four before heading into the final quarter of play where everything seemed to catch up with them. Things that have been working for them all series did not on Sunday. After shooting 43.9 percent from distance through the first three games, they made just 2-of-12 from beyond the arc in Game 4. The team ended the game with only 12 assists. Veteran guard Tony Parker led the team with 22 points, followed by Kawhi Leonard‘s 21, and 20 from LaMarcus Aldridge. Tim Duncan was held scoreless and had four fouls.

Trends:

Oklahoma City is:

2-6 ATS in their last 8 Tuesday games
1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win

San Antonio is:

8-2 ATS in their last 10 Tuesday games
18-6 ATS in their last 24 games following a straight up loss
8-3 ATS in their last 11 Conference Semifinals games

Pick: San Antonio -6

The Spurs have lost just twice in the 2015-16 campaign at the AT&T Center. Granted, one of those defeats came at the hands of Oklahoma City in Game 2 of this very series. After tight games on the road, however, San Antonio will be happy to return to the friendly confines of home. In the first game of the series, the Spurs pulled away with a 32-point home victory. While they probably will not win as big this time around, you can still expect a comfortable victory San Antonio on Tuesday night.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | OKLAHOMA CITY at SAN ANTONIO
Play Under - Road teams where the total is between 190 and 199.5 points well rested team - playing 4 or less games in 10 days, a good team (60% to 75%) playing a team with a winning record
172-107 since 1997. ( 61.6% | 54.3 units )
6-5 this year. ( 54.5% | 0.5 units )

Play On - Home teams vs. the money line (SAN ANTONIO) excellent offensive team (>=102 PPG) against a horrible defensive team (>=102 PPG) after 42+ games, after a loss by 10 points or more
44-12 over the last 5 seasons. ( 78.6% | 25.1 units )
20-7 this year. ( 74.1% | 6.5 units )

Play Under - All teams where the first half total is between 95.5 and 100.5 points in a playoff series which is tied, with a winning record on the season
84-42 since 1997. ( 66.7% | 37.8 units )
10-4 this year. ( 71.4% | 5.6 units )
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

OKLAHOMA CITY (61 - 30) at SAN ANTONIO (73 - 17) - 5/10/2016, 9:35 PM
Top Trends for this game.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 40-48 ATS (-12.8 Units) in all games this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 34-49 ATS (-19.9 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 24-34 ATS (-13.4 Units) after scoring 105 points or more this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 49-41 ATS (+3.9 Units) in all games this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 48-35 ATS (+9.5 Units) as a favorite this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 142-107 ATS (+24.3 Units) as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 487-403 ATS (+43.7 Units) in home games since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 144-99 ATS (+35.1 Units) on Tuesday nights since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 77-50 ATS (+22.0 Units) in home games in all playoff games since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 30-12 ATS (+16.8 Units) when tied in a playoff series since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 19-9 ATS (+9.1 Units) in home games revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.
SAN ANTONIO is 131-93 ATS (+28.7 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 172-125 ATS (+34.5 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 72-56 ATS (+10.4 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
OKLAHOMA CITY is 13-8 against the spread versus SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
OKLAHOMA CITY is 11-10 straight up against SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
12 of 21 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI Hat tip
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

TUE: Thunder @ Spurs / Game Five
> The '2.5' game of the NBA Playoffs (ROUND 2 / GAME 5) has gone 1-12 O/U since 1995... and 0-7 O/U since 2000 when the OU line is in the range of 195 to 212 points (Thunder @ Spurs).
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI Hat tip
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

The Toronto Raptors and the Miami Heat are not content with playing 48-minute basketball games in their Eastern Conference semifinal series. The teams will try to decide things in the allotted amount of time when the series, which is knotted at two wins apiece, shifts back to Toronto for Game 5 on Wednesday.

Dwyane Wade has been the best player in the series and was at it again with 30 points on 13-of-24 shooting in a 94-87 overtime win on Monday – the third overtime game in the series. “I worked my tail off to get my body to the point where I can play at an elite level and not worry about my age or anything,” Wade told reporters after logging 39 minutes in Game 4. “I know when I'm healthy I can play this game as good as anybody." Wade’s success and the strong play of Heat point guard Goran Dragic in the series has been in direct contrast to Toronto’s All-Star backcourt of DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry. DeRozan slumped to nine points on 4-of-17 shooting in Game 4 and is shooting 35 percent in the series while Lowry went 2-of-11 in the loss before fouling out in the fourth quarter.

ABOUT THE HEAT: Miami went 1-of-15 from 3-point range in Game 4 and trailed by nine points midway through the fourth quarter before Wade brought the team back and forced overtime on a driving layup with 12.6 seconds left. The Heat were playing without center Hassan Whiteside (knee) and had only three players reach double figures in scoring in an inconsistent offensive performance outside of Wade. "I'm shocked, at this point, that we haven't been able to score 100 points, and that's not at all to discredit Toronto,” Miami coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters. “It's actually the opposite. We have not been able to consistently get to our game."

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: Lowry appeared to break out of a postseason-long slump with a 33-point effort in Game 3 but struggled to find his shot again in Game 4. DeRozan injured his thumb in Game 2 and was clearly off with his shot in the last two contests, though he was reluctant to place all of the blame for his struggles on the injury. “It’s the feeling of being uncomfortable and not doing the things that you normally do with gripping the ball and everything,” DeRozan told reporters. “It’s nothing I’ll ever make an excuse about, but like I said, I know for sure I’m not going to shoot like I did (Monday in our) next game. I know that for a fact.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Wade needs 32 points to tie Hakeem Olajuwon (3,755) for 12th on the all-time postseason scoring list.

2. Toronto C Bismack Biyombo started Game 4 in place of Jonas Valanciunas (ankle) and contributed 13 points and 13 rebounds.

3. Whiteside will not make the trip for Game 5 as he continues to receive treatment for his sprained MCL.

PREDICTION: Raptors 101, Heat 100

Miami Under is 8-1 in Heat last 9 games playing on 1 days rest.
Under is 8-1 in Heat last 9 overall.
Under is 7-1 in Heat last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
Toronto Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games.
Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Raptors are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
Head to Head Heat are 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings in Toronto.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI..Raptors should win that one
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

It took Stephen Curry about three quarters to shake off the rust before breaking the hearts of Portland Trail Blazers fans in Game 4. Curry, who played a total of two halves in the first eight games of the postseason, scored an NBA-record 17 points in overtime of Game 4 to give the Golden State Warriors a chance to close out the visiting Blazers in Game 5 on Wednesday.

Curry, who became the first player in NBA history to be unanimously voted MVP when the award was announced on Tuesday, was not even assured of playing in Game 4 until making it through his pregame workout with no issues from an MCL sprain suffered in the first round against the Houston Rockets. Instead, the now two-time MVP logged 37 minutes off the bench and came alive in the fourth quarter before putting on a show in overtime and yelling, “I’m back” toward the crowd after draining one 3-pointer. "It took me awhile to get back in the flow," Curry told reporters. "When you miss three weeks, it’s really weird to walk back on the court. Like, the crowd out there going crazy and that competitive atmosphere again. So, just trying to get my bearings straight, make some plays and try and get a rhythm. And it took 48 minutes and things finally clicked.” Curry’s heroics overshadowed another strong performance from Portland point guard Damian Lillard, who finished with 36 points and 10 assists in the loss and was not ready to concede the series to the Warriors.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS: Lillard felt Portland had chances to win each of the last three games in the series and will go back to his hometown of Oakland, Calif., for Game 5 refusing to let the defending champions off easy. "We want to go out there and make sure they respect us, make sure they understand it's not going to be what everybody thinks it's going to be," Lillard told reporters. "It's not going to be no rolling over, it's not going to be no one here being scared, it's not going to be any of that." The Trail Blazers got strong efforts from C.J. McCollum (24 points) and Al-Farouq Aminu (18 points, 13 rebounds) in Game 4 to support Lillard but had some coverage breakdowns on Curry that need to be cleaned up before Wednesday.

ABOUT THE WARRIORS: Curry was supposed to play 25 minutes or so on Monday but was pressed into extra duty when Shaun Livingston was ejected just before the half for arguing with officials. Curry ended up with 40 points and added nine rebounds and eight assists – the most important assist coming when he found Harrison Barnes on the wing for a tying 3-pointer in the final minutes of regulation after crashing the lane and dragging a host of defenders with him. “The guy’s played basically one basketball game in three weeks,” Warriors head coach Steve Kerr told reporters of Curry. “I expected what I saw early, I expected a lot of rust. I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted the explosion. I figured that he’d find his stroke and make a few shots, but I mean, that was crazy.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Warriors F Draymond Green recorded a career-high seven blocks to go along with 21 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four steals on Monday.

2. Portland C Mason Plumlee recorded his fourth double-double of the postseason with 12 points and 15 rebounds in the loss.

3. Golden State back the second team to record at least 80 wins – regular and postseason - in back-to-back seasons with the Game 4 victory (1995-96 and 1996-97 Chicago Bulls).

PREDICTION: Warriors 115, Trail Blazers 104

Portland Trail Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
Trail Blazers are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
Trail Blazers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
Golden State Warriors are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 home games.
Warriors are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Warriors are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after scoring more than 125 points in their previous game.
Head to Head Over is 9-1 in the last 10 meetings.
Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Golden State.
Trail Blazers are 6-20 ATS in the last 26 meetings in Golden State.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Miami Heat (48-34) at Toronto Raptors (56-26)

NBA: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. ET

Line: Toronto -4.5

Over/Under : 187

The Toronto Raptors host the Miami Heat for game five on Wednesday night. On Monday night, the Heat beat the Raptors 94-87 in overtime to even the series at 2-2. Each team’s center (Jonas Valanciunas and Hassan Whiteside) missed the contest with injury. Toronto blew a seven-point lead with just over four minutes to play in the fourth quarter. Miami shot 45 percent from the field while holding Toronto to only 39 percent. The Heat won despite only connecting on 1-of-15 from 3-point range

The Heat were without their two best big men on Monday night. Miami has gotten accustomed to playing without star forward Chris Bosh but losing Whiteside was something they weren’t prepared for. Dwyane Wade decided to carry the Heat like he has for most of the postseason. The 34-year-old finished with 30 points on 13-of-24 from the field. Goran Dragic went for 15 points and six rebounds. Miami did a solid job in limiting their mistakes as they committed 12 turnovers. Joe Johnson added 15 points and three steals in the win.

When Kyle Lowry exploded for 33 points in game four many thought he would carry that over onto game five. That didn’t happen as he wound up with 10 points and nine assists. The 30-year-old fouled out with two minutes to play in the fourth quarter which hurt Toronto in the extra session. His running mate DeMar DeRozan was terrible going for nine points on 4-of-17 from the field. One thing was clear on Monday night, the Raptors missed Jonas Valanciunas, even though Bismack Biyombo (13 points, 13 rebounds) filled in nicely. Terrence Ross and Cory Joseph were terrific going for 14 points apiece off the bench.

Trends:

The Miami Heat are:

5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
27-11-1 ATS in their last 39 Conference Semifinals games.

The Toronto Raptors are:

1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Southeast.
1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.

The pick: Miami +4.5

I expect Lowry and DeRozan to bounce back after shaky performances in game four. Every game of the series has gone down to the wire and I expect it to remain this way. Take Miami and the free points as they should hang around on the road.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Portland Trail Blazers 49-43 (48-44 ATS) at Golden State Warriors 80-11 (52-37 ATS)

When and Where: Wednesday, May 11, ORACLE Arena, Oakland, Calif, 10:30pm EDT

On Tuesday, Stephen Curry was named the NBA’s first-ever unanimous MVP when he won the award for the second consecutive season. On Monday, he returned from a knee injury and lit up the Portland Trail Blazers to the tune of a 40-point night in his team’s overtime victory. The 132-125 win gave Golden State a commanding 3-1 lead in their best of seven series against Portland. The Western Conference semifinals now return to Oakland where the Warriors will look to close out the Blazers in Game 5.

Damian Lillard did all he could to try to will his team to a Game 4 victory, but it was just not enough to overcome the defending World Champions. The guard finished with 36 points and dished out 10 assists. C.J. McCollum added 24 points and Al-Farouq Aminu pitched in a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds. The squad came out firing on all cylinders, jumping out to 16-2, and 21-5 leads before allowing Golden State to go on a 9-0 run. They still managed to take a 10-point lead into the locker rooms and even led by 3 with under a minute remaining in regulation. In they end they could not stop Curry, particularly in overtime where he scored 17 of his 40. The loss was just the fourth at home in their last 26 games. With the defeat they drop to 4-1 at the Moda Center this postseason.

Curry did not start the game, and threw up an air ball when he came in off the bench, but eventually found his rhythm. Shaun Livingston, who started in place of Curry was ejected, giving the two-time MVP the opportunity to come in and get more minutes. He score 23 points through four quarters but it was overtime where he really shined. The guard scored 17 points en route to the 12-point victory. The 17 points in OT are the most points scored in an extra period in NBA history. Draymond Green helped control the paint in the game and finished with eight rejections. The Warriors are now 11-0 on the season, including the playoffs, after a loss. The squad is also 8-1 in Game 4’s since returning to postseason play in 2013.

Trends:

Portland is:

5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 125 points in their previous game
13-6 ATS in their last 19 games following a straight up loss

Golden State is:

0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after scoring more than 125 points in their previous game

Pick: Portland +12.5

The Trail Blazers are not going to win this game, but they are not going to go down without a fight either. Even with Curry back, Portland fought Golden State tooth and nail in Game 4 before finally succumbing in overtime. Now their backs are against the wall and 12.5 points are just too many to give a team that is desperate. Look for the Blazers to play their hearts out, but fall just short in the end.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | MIAMI at TORONTO
Play Under - Any team in a game involving two average three point shooting teams (33%-36.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game)
158-94 since 1997. ( 62.7% | 54.6 units )
14-6 this year. ( 70.0% | 7.4 units )

NBA | PORTLAND at GOLDEN STATE
Play On - Any team vs the money line (GOLDEN STATE) in a game involving two horrible defensive teams (>=102 PPG), after allowing 55 points or more in the first half in 2 straight games
92-68 over the last 5 seasons. ( 57.5% | 43.8 units )
54-45 this year. ( 54.5% | 11.9 units )

NBA | PORTLAND at GOLDEN STATE
Play Against - Underdogs of 6 or more points vs. the first half line (PORTLAND) revenging a loss where opponent scored 110 or more points against opponent off a road win
50-21 over the last 5 seasons. ( 70.4% | 26.9 units )
9-5 this year. ( 64.3% | 3.5 units )
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA Odds: Wednesday, May 11 2016 Opening Line Report and Handicapping
by Alan Matthews

Apparently, Knicks boss Phil Jackson is in no hurry to hire his next full-time coach as he's off vacationing while all these other teams are interviewing (Rockets, Grizzlies, Pacers) or hiring guys (Kings hired former Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger). Sportsbooks have a special prop on the next Knicks coach, and it's not exactly a banner list. Kurt Rambis, who ended the season as the assistant coach and is tight with Jackson, is the -200 favorite. Most believe that if Jackson insists on keeping the triangle offense, Rambis will get the gig. Former Pacers coach Frank Vogel is +200, followed by ex-Cavs coach David Blatt (+500) and former Knicks player and Warriors coach Mark Jackson (+600). No one else wants Rambis, so maybe that's why Phil Jackson is taking his sweet time. I do think it will be him.

Game 5: No. 3 Heat at No. 2 Raptors (-4.5, 189)

This series lost a bit of luster when each team lost its big man to injury. And it's not expected that Miami's Hassan Whiteside or Toronto's Jonas Valanciunas will return in the series. I guess that evens things out. For sure Valanciunas won't return this series, so that makes me wonder if he'd be ready for the start of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland if the Raptors get there. He had been Toronto's best player the first three games vs. Miami, averaging 18.3 points on 64.9 percent shooting and 12.7 rebounds. Toronto started Bismack Biyombo in Monday's Game 4 in Miami and the Heat won the third overtime game of this series, 94-87. The Raptors really blew that one as they had a nine-point lead but then were gassed in OT and scored just four points. Miami led for only 13 seconds in the fourth quarter but never trailed in overtime. Once again, Toronto's All-Star backcourt struggled mightily. DeMar DeRozan was 4-for-17 for nine points and Kyle Lowry 2-for-11 for 10. At this point, those guys misfiring isn't a surprise any longer but clearly a trend. Both are battling injuries. Biyombo filled in nicely with 13 points and 13 rebounds and was plus-11.

Dwyane Wade largely carried the Heat with a game-high 30 points in Game 4, two nights after scoring 38 in a 95-91 Game 3 loss. It marked the first time Wade finished with consecutive 30-point games in the playoffs since he recorded three 30-point games in a row during the 2010 postseason. Wade had the tying layup with 12 seconds in regulation on Monday. He shot 13-for-24 and the rest of his teammates shot 23-for-56. Miami won this game despite shooting 1-for-15 from 3-point range. Amare Stoudemire started for Whiteside and had six points and three rebounds in 12 minutes. Guys like Josh McRoberts and Udonis Haslem also got more minutes (or any). The Heat didn't use any of their reserve centers in overtime, however. Plus, rookie Justise Winslow played 31 minutes after not seeing the floor in Game 3. This has not been a pretty series at all. Just one team has reached triple digits: the Heat in their Game 1 win.

Key trends: The Heat are 4-1 against the spread in its past five after a win. The Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their past four at home. The "over/under" has gone under in eight of Miami's past nine. The under is 10-2 in Toronto's past 12.

Early lean: Heat and under.

Game 5: No. 5 Trail Blazers at No. 1 Warriors (-12, 216.5)

How ridiculous is Steph Curry? On the day the news broke that he was going to be named NBA MVP for a second straight season, Curry went from doubtful to return from his knee injury for Monday's Game 4 in Portland to questionable to playing off the bench. He was a bit rusty early -- missed his first nine 3-pointers -- but went nuts in overtime with 17 points in the Warriors' 132-125 OT win for a 3-1 lead. Those 17 points were an NBA record for an OT, playoffs or regular season. The previous mark was 16 by Gilbert Arenas in a 2006 regular-season game. Curry had 27 of his 40 total points after the third quarter and became only the second player in the past 30 years to pour in 40 off the bench in a playoff game. The other was Nick Van Exel in 2003. Curry didn't just single-handedly outscore Portland in OT, he also outscored the Heat and Raptors combined in their OT. Entering the game, Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Curry would be on a 25-minute limit. But that went out the window when Shaun Livingston was ejected for arguing a call late in the first half. Draymond Green had another strong game with 21 points, nine rebounds, seven blocks, five assists and four steals. Klay Thompson had 23 points. The Warriors are 11-0, counting the playoffs, in games after a loss this season.

I think the Blazers just threw their best punch and that this series ends on Wednesday. Damian Lillard did all he could in Game 4 with 36 points and 10 assists for Portland but missed a potential winner in regulation. C.J. McCollum had 24 points, while Mason Plumlee added 12 points and 15 rebounds. The Blazers, who led Game 4 16-2 at one point, actually could be the ones leading this series 3-1. "Do I think they're done?" Green said post-game Monday, repeating back a question about the Blazers. "Of course they're done."

Key trends: The Blazers are 0-8 ATS in their past eight after scoring at least 100 points in their previous game. The Warriors are 7-0 ATS in their past seven at home. The over is 9-1 in each team's past 10 vs. clubs with a winning record. The over is 9-1 in the past 10 meetings.

Early lean: The Warriors will want this over to rest up for the Spurs-Thunder winner. Give the points -- as long as Curry is fine to play again -- and go over.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

> In the '2.5' game of the NBA Playoffs (ROUND 2 / GAME 5), 'short' home favorites of < 5 points (Raptors) have gone 1-10 O/U since 2002...
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

San Antonio Spurs 73-18 (49-42 ATS) at Oklahoma City Thunder 62-30 (43-48 ATS)

When and Where: Thursday, May 12, Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, Okla. 8:30pm EDT (ESPN)

Truth be told, if it were not for Golden State breaking the NBA’s all-time win record, and San Antonio tying the best home-record in league history, Billy Donovan‘s rookie campaign with the Oklahoma City Thunder would have been a much bigger story. As it was, Billy D’s squad had to take a back seat and settle for the third-seed in the stacked Western conference. The Spurs lost a single game out of 42 at home in the regular season. In the postseason they have already lost two, both to Oklahoma City. The Thunder‘s 95-91 victory on Monday night gave OKC a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Western Conference semifinals now return to the Sooner State, where Oklahoma City will have a chance to close out the series and prevent a Game 7 back in San Antonio.

Kahwi Leonard, Lamarcus Aldrige, and Danny Green each poured in at least 20 points against the Thunder on Tuesday night. It marks the first time since 1996 that a San Antonio threesome has done such a thing without a player named Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, or Tony Parker. San Antonio will need to do better on the boards if they hope to win Game 6. The team was outrebounded 54-36 in Game 5. Although Aldridge finished with 20 points, he was just 6-of-21 shooting from the floor, and made just one shot in 11 tries from outside the paint. Spurs head coach Greg Popovich is just 2-10 all-time in the post season when facing elimination. Ginobli, Parker, and Duncan have a combined 126 postseason wins, the most by any trio in NBA History.

Tuesday night’s victory can be attributed to defense, particularly in the last four minutes of the game. Down seven, Oklahoma City outscored the Spurs 13-3 over the final 4:16 of the contest. Russell Westbrook showed out with 35 points, including a big three-pointer in the closing seconds. Kevin Durant scored 23 while Steven Adams pitched in a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. The team as a whole outshot San Antonio 43.6 percent to 39.8 percent. The defense also did not allow a single point from the Spurs bench in the second half. Durant and Westbrook have scored 25 points or more in the same playoff game now 33 times, tied for the second most in NBA history.

Trends:

San Antonio is:

1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss
2-8 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600
2-9 ATS in their last 11 vs. NBA Northwest
0-4 ATS in their last 4 Thursday games

Oklahoma City is:

4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest
12-4 ATS in their last 16 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record
30-10-2 ATS in their last 42 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600

Pick: Oklahoma City +2.5

The one thing San Antonio had going for them this season was their home-court advantage, and the Thunder have taken that away from them. To put it in simpler terms, Oklahoma City has showed up in the Lone Star State and punched the Spurs in the face . . . twice. At this point, the Thunder know they do not want to try to beat them a third time at the AT&T Center. Look for OKC to play with a sense of urgency and close out the series in one of the more surprising series results in some time.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA playoffs betting preview and odds: Spurs at Thunder

San Antonio Spurs at Oklahoma City Thunder (+1.5, 195.5)

Thunder lead series 3-2

The Oklahoma City Thunder are one victory away from reaching the Western Conference finals and have two opportunities to get the job done. The Thunder, who lead the series 3-2, aim to end the festivities in Thursday's Game 6, while the San Antonio Spurs visit town in dire need of a victory to force a Game 7.

San Antonio has held double-digit leads in the each of the past two games before wilting under Oklahoma City's late-game siege. "I hope we respond a little angry, with a chip on our shoulder," Spurs guard Danny Green told reporters after Tuesday's 95-91 loss. "If you want to be a championship team, you have to win on the road. Simple as that." The Thunder surprisingly have won two games in San Antonio in the series - the Spurs lost just once at home during the regular season - and small forward Kevin Durant said another defensive effort like the showing in Game 5 is crucial. "Late in the fourth we did a good job of putting a hand up on shots, making them shoot mid-range and we didn't let them get in the paint a lot." Durant told reporters. "That’s what we have to do if we want to win the next one. We have to play defense like that throughout the whole game."

LINE HISTORY: The Thunder opened as 3-point home pups, but bettors like the way OKC has been trending and the line has already moved to +1.5. The total has been bet up one point from 194.5 to 195.5. Check out the complete line history here.

ABOUT THE SPURS (73-18, 49-42 ATS, 38-51-2 O/U): NBA MVP runner-up Kawhi Leonard (26 points, five steals in Game 5) and power forward LaMarcus Aldridge (20 points, nine rebounds) have carried San Antonio during the series with occasional help from shooting guard Danny Green (six 3-pointers in Game 5) and point guard Tony Parker (good outings in Game 3 and 4). But the reserves have been below par and combined for just 11 points on 5-of-18 shooting in Game 5 and getting better efforts from players such as shooting guard Manu Ginobili and center Boris Diaw are a must if San Antonio is to win the next two games. "We haven't had great bench production," Popovich said after Game 5. "We need a couple more people to help us offensively. That would be great."

ABOUT THE THUNDER (62-30, 43-48-1 ATS, 44-48 O/U): Point guard Russell Westbrook had 35 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists in Game 5 and was so superb that everybody overlooked his eight turnovers. "He plays with such force and such passion," Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan told reporters. "I think he's doing a really good job of realizing when he gets so intense, so competitive, so emotional, he's doing a good job of kind of bringing himself back together and understanding there's four other guys out there depending on him." Durant scored 23 points on a series-worst 8-of-21 shooting effort in a dropoff from his spectacular 41-point effort in Game 4.

TRENDS:

* Thunder are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games versus a team with a winning SU record.
* Spurs are 3-12 ATS in the last 15 meetings in Oklahoma City.
* Under is 4-0 in Spurs last four games following a SU loss.
* Under is 9-3 in the last 12 meetings in Oklahoma City.

CONSENSUS: The public is split almost down the middle for this huge Game 6, with 51 percent of wagers on the underdog Thunder. As for the total, 61 percent of wagers are on the Over.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Western Conference Semifinals – Thunder lead 3-2
Game 6 – San Antonio at Oklahoma City – ESPN, 8:35 p.m. ET

For the second time in this series, Oklahoma City went into San Antonio and came out with a hard fought victory this past Tuesday. The Thunder captured a 96-91 win in Game 5 over the Spurs as a 7 ½-point road underdog and now own a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference semifinals.

All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook led the charge for Thunder, finishing with 35 points, 11 rebounds while his partner in crime Kevin Durant added 23 points. Kawhi Leonard has 26 points for the Spurs while LaMarcus Aldridge posted 21 points in a losing effort.

The Spurs held a 48-43 lead at halftime and looked like they were going to pull away in the third quarter, leading by as many as 13 points but the Thunder kept chipping away and only trailed by three (72-69) entering the final 12 minutes. Oklahoma City outscored the Spurs 26-19 in the fourth quarter and that’s been the story of this series.

The Thunder was often defined as a team that couldn’t finish games but something has changed for the club in this series. In the first five games, OKC has outscored San Antonio by 31 points in the fourth quarter and a lot of that margin has been attributed to the inability of the Spurs scoring down the stretch.

San Antonio scored three points in the final four minutes of Game 5 and if you go back to Game 4, the Spurs only managed six points in the final seven minutes of that loss, which seems next to impossible for a team of their stature.

In Sunday’s piece, I noted that this best-of-seven matchup has become a game of 2-of-2 with each team pitting their two All-Stars against one another.

All-Star Matchup - Thunder vs. Spurs
Oklahoma City - Points Scored 1 2 3 4 5
Russell Westbrook 14 29 31 14 35
Kevin Durant 16 28 26 41 23
Total 30 57 57 55 58
San Antonio - Points Scored 1 2 3 4 5
LaMarcus Aldridge 38 41 24 20 20
Kawhi Leonard 25 14 31 21 26
Total 63 55 55 41 46

Looking above, you can see that Oklahoma City’s pair has won this battle so far but it’s evident what happens (Game 1) when the double-headed monster doesn’t show up for the Thunder.

What’s also clear through the first five games is that the supporting cast for the Thunder have outplayed the Spurs as well, especially in the paint. Oklahoma City outrebounded San Antonio 54-36 on Tuesday behind two youngsters in Enes Kanter (8 points, 13 boards) and Steven Adams (12 points, 11 rebounds).

While Kanter and Adams have been a nice boost for OKC, the Spurs haven’t had any magic from their role players and that’s something that has helped the dynasty during its championship years.

Danny Green has played well in two games but the team has receiving nothing from Manu Ginobili plus I’m wondering if Boris Diaw (4.4 PPG) and Patty Mills (3.8 PPG) are in the doghouse because they’re minutes and stats have both diminished in this series.

The Spurs’ Gregg Popovich is often considered the best coach in the NBA but for the second straight postseason, we’re seeing a rookie head coach (Billy Donovan) making noise again which certainly solidifies the “players trump coaches” argument.

Despite dropping two straight in this series, the Spurs opened as 2 ½-point road favorites over Thunder in Game 6. As of Wednesday evening, most shops have dropped that number to 1 ½ points.

NBA expert and playoff leader Kevin Rogers isn’t surprised by the shift to Oklahoma City. He said, “The Spurs haven’t performed well on the road in Game 6 of the playoffs trailing 3-2, losing in each of their last two opportunities. In 2011, the Grizzlies tripped up the top-seeded Spurs in the opening round, 99-91 as three-point favorites, while the Thunder ousted San Antonio in the 2012 conference finals, 107-99 as five-point favorite.”

Even though Oklahoma City has won two games outright as an underdog in this series, its overall record as a pup hasn’t been great this season. The club is 3-12 SU and 6-8-1 ATS and that includes a 0-2 mark at home, the loss in Game 3 of this series and earlier in the season to Golden State.

While those stats could have you leaning to San Antonio to stay alive, Rogers doesn’t believe you should ignore the head-to-head encounters between the pair at this venue. “Oklahoma City has won six of its last eight home playoff games against San Antonio since the 2012 Western Conference Finals, but the Spurs have cashed in their only opportunity in this span as a road favorite at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Game 3 of this series, 100-96. The last time these teams played a Game 6 in the playoffs at Oklahoma City, the Spurs prevailed in overtime to win the 2014 Western Conference title, but San Antonio went into that contest leading 3-2,” said Rogers.

Including the outcomes that Rogers mentioned, Oklahoma City is 12-3 both SU and ATS in the last 15 encounters against San Antonio from Chesapeake Energy Arena.

The totals in the first five games of this series have ranged from 199 to 200 ½ points but oddsmakers sent out an opener of 195 for Game 6. The ‘under’ has cashed in three of the first five games and a lot of that has been attributed to San Antonio’s offense or lack thereof.

Since posting 124 points in Game 1, the Spurs have cracked the 100-point mark only once in the last four games, scoring exactly 100 points in their Game 3 victory at Oklahoma City.

Despite averaging 103.4 PPG at home in the playoffs, the Thunder have seen the ‘under’ go 3-2. Including the results from this series, the Spurs have watched the ‘under’ go 6-3 in the postseason.

Prior to Game 1, San Antonio was listed as a minus-275 favorite (Bet $100 to win $37) to win this series at the Las Vegas Westgate SuperBook while the takeback on Oklahoma City was plus-235 favorite (Bet $100 to win $225).

The Spurs ballooned to minus-900 favorites after blowout out the Thunder in the opener and were still minus-300 when the series was tied 2-2. Now facing elimination, San Antonio has been made a 6/5 underdog (Bet $100 to win $120) while the Thunder are a 5/7 favorite (Bet $100 to win $71) to advance.

If you like to lean to historical numbers in your handicapping, then Oklahoma City would get the nod in this situation. Since the franchise moved to Oklahoma City, the Thunder have held a 3-2 series lead in the playoffs four times and they won all four of those best-of-seven matchups. Make a note that Oklahoma City closed out three of those series in six games while only being forced to a Game 7 once.

And, the Spurs have rallied from a 3-2 deficit only once in their playoff history which occurred in 2008 when they beat the New Orleans Hornets.

If San Antonio stays alive, Game 7 will take place on Sunday from the AT&T Center.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Preview: Spurs (67-15) at Thunder (55-27)

Date: May 12, 2016 8:30 PM EDT

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Father Time can be awfully sneaky.

San Antonio forward Tim Duncan turned 40 last month, and the basketball world marveled at his accomplishments. Sure, his minutes were scaled back this season, but he played a significant role in helping the Spurs have their best regular season ever.

Suddenly, though, Duncan looks his age.

He has struggled in the past two games of the Western Conference semifinals against Oklahoma City's young front line featuring Steven Adams and Enes Kanter. In Game 4, the 15-time All-Star, five-time NBA champion and three-time Finals MVP went scoreless in 12 minutes, committed four fouls in the first half and did not play in the fourth quarter. In Game 5, Duncan was 1 for 6 from the field and scored five points in 28 minutes.

Duncan likely will need to play more like his former self Thursday night in Oklahoma City if the Spurs are to extend their season, and perhaps his career. Duncan has a player option for next season, and he hasn't made it clear what he will do.

When asked what he was doing to be effective against Duncan, Adams said 'Nothing,' perhaps not wanting to give the future Hall of Famer any additional motivation.

Adams and Kanter also have slowed LaMarcus Aldridge, who averaged 39.5 points on 75 percent shooting the first two games. That has dropped to 21.3 points per contest on 36.7 percent shooting the last three.

'He had a lot of open looks,' teammate Kawhi Leonard said of Aldridge after a 95-91 loss in Game 5 on Tuesday. 'They just didn't fall. It's basketball. Once we play the right way and get the shots we take and play hard, that's all we could do.'

Adams, a 7-foot center from New Zealand, is averaging 10.2 points and 12.0 rebounds in the series. Kanter, a 6-foot-11 forward from Turkey, is averaging 9.0 points and 7.6 rebounds. They usually don't play together, but have both been on the floor late in the past two games. Thunder coach Billy Donovan said Kanter and Adams have put in the time to make the experiment successful.

'I give them a lot of credit because, although we did it a little bit during the regular season, being able to get with those guys after practice and talk with those guys, seeing them work together to try to play off of each other - they've had to space the floor and work together,' Donovan said. 'They've got a good bond going there.'

In Game 4, Kevin Durant went off. In Game 5, it was Russell Westbrook's turn.

If either - or both - get going in Game 6, the Spurs could be done for the year.

Both have struggled at times with their shots during the playoffs, but there are signs that could be changing. In Game 4, Durant scored 29 of his 41 points in the second half. In Game 5, Westbrook made 12 of 27 shots and scored 35.

The Thunder want to bring their best effort in Game 6 because they're really not interested in going back to San Antonio for Game 7.

'Closeout games are the hardest,' Durant said. 'We know they're going to try to force this Game 7. We can't rely too much on our crowd. We can't be relaxed knowing that we're going to be at home. And they beat us at home in Game 3.'

Even if Westbrook misses shots, the Thunder aren't concerned.

'Who cares about shooting percentage,' Durant said earlier in the week. 'Obviously, we want him to - in a perfect world, we'd want him to shoot 65, 70 percent. But he's getting good shots. It's not like he's getting terrible shots. He's getting good looks. He's getting to the rim. It's just a matter of the ball going in and out of the basket.'

Westbrook is a major reason the Thunder are hurting the Spurs on the glass. Oklahoma City outrebounded San Antonio by an average of 7 over the first five games, and has won that battle in each of the past four. The Spurs feel they need to do better in Game 6 to have a chance.

'Control the boards,' guard Tony Parker said. 'That's the key of the series. We have to control the boards. We can't keep giving them opportunities to score.'
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | SAN ANTONIO at OKLAHOMA CITY
Play Against - Underdogs (OKLAHOMA CITY) good shooting team (45.5-47.5%) against an average defensive team (43.5-45.5%), dominant rebounding team (>=+5.5 reb/game) against an average rebounding team (+/-3 reb/game)
36-13 since 1997. ( 73.5% | 21.7 units )

Play On - Road favorites vs. the money line (SAN ANTONIO) good ball handling team - committing <=14 turnovers/game, after a game committing 10+ less turnovers than opponents
89-27 since 1997. ( 76.7% | 42.6 units )
3-2 this year. ( 60.0% | -0.2 units )

Play Under - All teams where the first half total is between 95.5 and 100.5 points in a playoff game
478-318 since 1997. ( 60.1% | 128.2 units )
34-24 this year. ( 58.6% | 7.6 units )
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI !
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

When Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan play well in the same game, the Toronto Raptors are very hard to beat. The Raptors will try to get two straight strong games out of their All-Star backcourt and close out the Eastern Conference semifinal series when they visit the Miami Heat in Game 6 on Friday.

Lowry and DeRozan combined for 19 points on 6-of-28 shooting in a Game 4 loss but pushed those numbers to 59 points on 20-of-47 in Game 5 as Toronto earned a 99-91 win in front of its home fans and grabbed a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. “Our team feeds off our energy,” Lowry told reporters of he and DeRozan. “Everything we do, they look at and they want to be a part of it. For us, it’s just about continuing to be aggressive.” The Heat are in the unenviable position of having to overcome a 3-2 deficit for the second straight series, and this time they might be doing it without a pair of starters. Hassan Whiteside (sprained knee) is likely out for Game 6 while forward Luol Deng will undergo an MRI exam on a wrist injury that knocked him out in the third quarter of Game 5.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: Toronto is dealing with just as many injuries as Miami with starting center Jonas Valanciunas (ankle) lost for the series, DeMarre Carroll dealing with a wrist contusion that knocked him out of Game 5 and DeRozan in constant pain from a thumb injury. DeRozan went 11-of-22 from the field and 11-of-11 from the free-throw line on Wednesday despite having to tie a shoelace around his thumb during stoppages to keep down the swelling. “There’s nothing else I can do about it but just try and play through it the best way I can and just deal with it later,” DeRozan, who aggravated the injury in the fourth quarter on Wednesday and briefly retreated to the locker room, told reporters.

ABOUT THE HEAT: Deng was 0-of-8 from the floor in Game 5 before exiting and is averaging 7.8 points on 35.9 percent shooting series, and rookies Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson figure to see even more minutes in Game 6 if Deng is unable to go. “We just have to stay poised and other guys have to be ready to step up," guard Joe Johnson told reporters. "That's how it has to be right now. It's tough, but we have to play through it. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves. If one man goes down, another man has to be ready." Miami could use more from Johnson as well, with the veteran shooting 37.2 percent in the series while knocking down 1-of-17 from 3-point range.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Raptors are trying to reach the conference finals for the first time in franchise history.

2. Heat G Dwyane Wade scored a team-high 20 points in Game 5 and is averaging 25.8 points in the series.

3. Toronto C Bismack Biyombo is averaging 11.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and three blocks in two games while starting in place of Valanciunas.

PREDICTION: Heat 96, Raptors 93

Toronto Under is 6-0 in Raptors last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Under is 8-0 in Raptors last 8 road games.
Under is 12-1 in Raptors last 13 games following a ATS win.
Miami Under is 5-0 in Heat last 5 games following a straight up loss.
Under is 4-0 in Heat last 4 games following a ATS loss.
Under is 4-0 in Heat last 4 home games.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Toronto Raptors (56-26) at Miami Heat (48-34)

NBA: Friday, May 13, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. ET

Line: Miami -4.5

Over/Under: 190

The Toronto Raptors travel to American Airlines Arena to take on the Miami Heat for game six on Friday night. On Wednesday night, the Raptors beat the Heat 99-91 to take a 3-2 lead in the series. Toronto began the game strongly as they took a 28-18 lead to end the first quarter and they remained in control for most of the night. A win for the Raptors would give them their first trip to the Eastern Conference Finals in their franchise history. A win for the Heat would push the series to game seven.

A struggling DeMar DeRozan stepped up big for the Raptors as he went for 34 points. The 26-year-old shooting guard shot 11-of-22 from the field win the win. His backcourt mate Kyle Lowry played well, going for 25 points, 10 rebounds, and six assists. Lowry, who has struggled most of the playoffs, made a pair of big jumpers in the final minute. The Raptors did a terrific job in limiting their mistakes as they only committed nine turnovers. It wasn’t all good for the Raptors as DeMarre Carroll left the game in the third quarter after injuring his left wrist. His status for Friday night’s contest is unclear.

The Miami Heat shot just 40 percent from the field on Wednesday night. Miami connected on only 6-of-21 from 3-point range while committing 15 turnovers. Dwyane Wade led the Heat with 20 points on 6-of-14 from the field. Goran Dragic finished with 13 points and five rebounds. Miami out-rebounded Toronto 44-39 in the contest. Josh Richardson went for 13 points on 3-of-5 from 3-point range. Luol Deng missed all of his eight shot attempts from the field and he only scored four points in the loss.

Trends:

The Toronto Raptors are:

8-0 under in last 8 road games.
6-0 under in last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
12-1 under in last 13 games following a ATS win.

The Miami Heat are:

4-0 under in last 4 home games.
5-0 under in last 5 games following a straight up loss.
4-0 under in last 4 games following a ATS loss.

The pick: Under 190

This series has featured no offense as every game has been a grind it out type of game. Neither team has found an offensive rhythm over the last four games. This series has seen two overtime games, but neither team has reached 100 points in that stretch.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | TORONTO at MIAMI
Play Under - Any team in a game involving two average three point shooting teams (33%-36.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game)
158-96 since 1997. ( 62.2% | 52.4 units )
14-8 this year. ( 63.6% | 5.2 units )

NBA | TORONTO at MIAMI
Play On - Home teams vs. the money line (MIAMI) good shooting team (45.5-47.5%) against an average defensive team (43.5-45.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game)
60-17 since 1997. ( 77.9% | 32.5 units )
2-1 this year. ( 66.7% | -0.2 units )

NBA | TORONTO at MIAMI
Play Under - Any team vs. the 1rst half line average 3PT shooting team (33-36.5%) against an average 3PT defense (33-36.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game) after 42+ games
134-75 since 1997. ( 64.1% | 51.5 units )
6-4 this year. ( 60.0% | 1.6 units )
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA
Long Sheet

Friday, May 13

TORONTO (63 - 31) at MIAMI (54 - 40) - 5/13/2016, 3:00 PM
TORONTO is 175-218 ATS (-64.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
TORONTO is 48-62 ATS (-20.2 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 33-24 ATS (+6.6 Units) as a favorite this season.
MIAMI is 41-31 ATS (+6.9 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game this season.
MIAMI is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) in home games versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.

MIAMI is 8-8 against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
MIAMI is 8-8 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
9 of 16 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA
Short Sheet

Friday, May 13

Toronto at Miami, 8:05 ET
Toronto: 14-24 ATS when the total is between 190 and 199.5 points
Miami: 21-12 ATS after playing a game as an underdog
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA Playoff GAME SIX home teams playing with only ONE day of rest (Mia Heat) have gone 2-14 ATS in the last four years..
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

The Miami Heat are embracing small ball in ways rarely seen in the NBA and are on the verge of taking it to the Eastern Conference finals. The Heat will once again operate without a traditional center when they visit the Toronto Raptors for Game 7 on Sunday.

Miami didn’t just leave the center out of the lineup in Game 6 with starter Hassan Whiteside sidelined, it left power forwards Amar’e Stoudemire and Udonis Haslem on the bench the entire game as well while small forwards Luol Deng, Justise Winslow and Joe Johnson started and got the bulk of the playing time in the frontcourt. "Sometimes unconventional works," veteran guard Dwyane Wade, who scored 22 points in the 103-91 triumph, told reporters of the lineup. The Raptors received solid play from the backcourt pairing of DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry but failed to contain the Miami guards and the waves of perimeter players the Heat sent at them on the defensive end. “They did an excellent job of setting the tempo and the style of play early and we didn’t adjust to it as far as guarding the basketball, containing the basketball, keeping it in front of us,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey told reporters.

TV: 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

ABOUT THE HEAT: Miami, like Toronto, is playing a Game 7 for the second time already in this postseason and is confident it can get the job done on the road. "It's different than a normal game," Wade told reporters. "It's not a Game 1, where you have a Game 2 the next day. You have to give a little more. You have to do a little more. You have to give everything you have. There's no tomorrow." The Heat are at their best when point guard Goran Dragic is playing aggressively and attacking the basket, and the 30-year-old posted his playoff high with 30 points in Friday’s triumph.

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: Toronto was without its starting center as well (Jonas Valanciunas, ankle) but elevated reserve center Bismack Biyombo into the starting lineup and tried to play a more traditional style on offense. The Raptors lamented their struggles with one-on-one defense after the loss, with Lowry in particular noting the difficulty of containing Dragic, but are excited for Game 7 at home. “This is going to be fun,” Lowry told reporters. “It’s Game 7, (No. 2 seed) versus No. 3 and a good opportunity to play on one of the biggest stages there is. Time to just go out there and hoop.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The winner will face the top-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers, who have yet to lose a game in the postseason, in the conference finals.

2. Whiteside (sprained MCL) was ruled out for Game 7.

3. The Toronto franchise has never advanced to the conference finals.

PREDICTION: Raptors 101, Heat 99

Miami Heat are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
Under is 7-2 in Heat last 9 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
Toronto Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
Raptors are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
Over is 23-5 in Raptors last 28 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Preview: Heat (48-34) at Raptors (56-26)

Date: May 15, 2016 3:30 PM EDT

MIAMI (AP) History is going to happen.

Either Toronto or Miami will become the 15th NBA team to win two Game 7s in the same postseason. The Raptors could go to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time. The Heat have a shot at being the first team ever to erase 3-2 deficits in consecutive playoff series.

And if that wasn't enough, LeBron James awaits the winner in the East finals.

The stage is set, the stakes are super-high. The final second-round game of this year's playoffs is Sunday afternoon in Toronto, where the Raptors and Heat will play Game 7 and finally decide their back-and-forth, black-and-blue series. The winner will join Golden State, Oklahoma City and Cleveland as the four teams left standing in the chase for the NBA championship.

'This is why we're in this business, to be pushed and tested and challenged,' Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said Saturday. 'There's no greater challenge than a Game 7.'

The Heat fended off elimination Friday, going with a super-small lineup and beating the Raptors 103-91 in Miami to force a winner-take-all game. Miami won a Game 7 in the first round, topping Charlotte at home. Toronto also successfully defended home-court in a first-round Game 7, and this series has gone just as that one against Indiana did - Raptors lose at home, win at home, win on the road, lose on the road, win at home, lose on the road.

They hope history repeats itself one more time Sunday.

'Game 7 in the first round was a little more tight,' Raptors guard Kyle Lowry said. 'This one Sunday will be `Just go out there and hoop.''

Every team and every year is different, but closeouts seem to never come easily for Toronto.

The Raptors are 2-6 all-time when they have a chance to eliminate an opponent, and lost a Game 7 at home two years ago to Brooklyn - a team that featured current Heat forward Joe Johnson. Lowry and backcourt mate DeMar DeRozan are averaging a combined 42.7 points in the series, but are still shooting a combined 38 percent.

'Our backs will be against the wall,' Raptors forward DeMarre Carroll said. 'It's Game 7 on our home court with our home crowd. What better place do you want to be?'

The Heat, meanwhile, oddly seem to thrive when in trouble.

Miami has won its last four Game 7s, could join the Lakers and Celtics as the only franchises to win five straight, and are 7-1 in its last eight games when facing elimination. And Miami has somehow won its last three series after falling into a 3-2 hole.

'You've got to give a little more,' said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, the leading scorer in the series at 25.2 points per game. 'You've got to do a little more. Obviously, it's a great environment to be in. ... It's phenomenal. But you've got to give everything you have. There's no tomorrow. That's the way we approach it. I think it's going to be two teams trying to give everything they have. Best team win, man.'

Miami figures to stay with the small lineup, with rookie Justise Winslow the de facto center to open the game - as was the case in Game 6 when Spoelstra rolled the dice and played only eight players, just one standing taller than 6-foot-9.

It was unconventional. It was necessary. And it worked, with Goran Dragic's 30 points leading the Miami win.

Chris Bosh has been out since February after another blood clot was found, Hassan Whiteside has missed most of this series with a knee injury, and seven of the eight players who got minutes Friday were not with the Heat when they played in the 2014 NBA Finals.

Yet here they are, on the cusp of reaching the conference finals for the seventh time in Wade's 13 seasons.

'I didn't want to go down not swinging, so that was pretty much my mentality,' Winslow said. 'I'll approach Game 7 the same way.'

The Raptors could throw a wrench in Miami's small-ball scheme if center Jonas Valanciunas - out since spraining his ankle in Game 3 - was to return. The Raptors say he's not ready to play, but the Heat know some sort of adjustment from Toronto is coming.

'We have to respond,' Raptors coach Dwane Casey said.

The series has had a little of everything. There was Wade's anthem flap, injuries to Whiteside and Valanciunas, DeRozan playing through a bad thumb, bloodied faces for Lowry and Dragic, and Carroll and Luol Deng playing through sore wrists in Game 6.

Now it's time to decide a winner, and Cleveland's opponent in the East final.

'Nobody said it was going to be easy,' Dragic said.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Playoff tally: Favorites vs spread: 26-18, Over: 13-31
Second round: Favorites: 12-8, over: 11-9
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | MIAMI at TORONTO
Play Over - Road teams where the total is between 180 and 189.5 points making 6 or more 3 point shots/game on the season, on Sunday games
42-16 over the last 5 seasons. ( 72.4% | 24.4 units )
1-2 this year. ( 33.3% | -1.2 units )

NBA | MIAMI at TORONTO
Play On - Favorites vs. the money line (TORONTO) cold team - failing to cover the spread in 8 or more of their last 10 against opponent after having covered 4 or 5 of their last 6 against the spread
41-6 over the last 5 seasons. ( 87.2% | 29.3 units )
5-2 this year. ( 71.4% | 0.3 units )

NBA | MIAMI at TORONTO
Play On - Home teams vs. the 1rst half line (TORONTO) cold team - failing to cover 6 or 7 of their last 8 against the spread against opponent hot team - having covered 6 or 7 of their last 8 against the spread
230-144 since 1997. ( 61.5% | 71.6 units )
7-6 this year. ( 53.8% | 0.4 units )
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI Hat tip
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Miami Heat (48-34) at Toronto Raptors (56-26)

NBA: Sunday, May 15, 2016, at 3:30 p.m. ET

Line: Toronto -4.5

Over/Under: 189.5

The Miami Heat travel to Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Raptors for Game Seven on Sunday afternoon. On Friday night, the Heat beat the Raptors 103-91. A 32-24 second quarter for the Heat put them in control of the contest. Miami shot 48 percent from the field while containing the Raptors to 42 percent. Toronto is looking to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history. Miami hasn’t made the Eastern Conference Finals since 2014, when they lost to the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals.

The Miami Heat needed a big performance from someone not named Dwyane Wade in Game 6. Goran Dragic delivered with his best game of the series as he led the Heat with 30 points and seven rebounds. Wade still had another strong game with 22 points, six rebounds, and five assists. Miami did a terrific job in limiting their mistakes as they had just seven turnovers. Joe Johnson added 13 points while Luol Deng contributed with 12 points, despite playing with a sprained left wrist. The Heat are 6-0 in its last six elimination games at home in the postseason.

Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry has been criticized throughout the postseason just like his running mate DeMar DeRozan for being inefficient. In Game Six that wasn’t the case as Lowry had a playoff-high 36 points on 12-of-27 shooting. DeRozan finished with 23 points on 8-of-21 from the field. No other Raptors player scored in double-figures. The Raptors connected on just 4-of-16 from 3-point range. If the Raptors want to win Game Seven, they’ll need DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph, and Terrence Ross to step up on Sunday afternoon.

Trends:

The Miami Heat are:

5-1 ATS in their last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
6-2 ATS in their last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.

The Toronto Raptors are:

2-8 ATS in their last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.
1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
2-5 ATS in their last 7 vs. NBA Southeast.

The pick: Miami +4.5

This game should be a classic in what was surely a terrific and competitive series. I expect Wade to have another big game in what will likely be a tough Heat loss. At the end of the day, Lowry and DeRozan will lead Toronto to a narrow home win but they won’t cover.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

HEAT at RAPTORS 3:30 PM

Take: RAPTORS -4.5

This is one of those games that falls into the category of being a fairly easy decision for me, albeit one I can’t say I’m wild about in terms of confidence. It’s almost a matter of my hoping that Toronto is less lousy than Miami in what has been a very close, but certainly not brilliantly played best of seven series.

But in terms of arriving at a decision, I can’t get away from the Raptors today. They’re a good home team, and Game Seven home teams in the NBA win way more often than they lose. Given the closeness of the games in this series, laying even a small number is dicey and this isn’t that small a number.

As for the actual matchup, I make the backcourt battle pretty even, particularly with Kyle Lowry off an absolutely huge Game Six that should bolster his confidence. Toronto has to get better frontcourt play here than they did in the last game. I have to think getting back home should be at least a partial remedy for that ailment.

The old NBA zigzag angle, which really isn’t an angle anymore, has certainly been in play in this series, with neither team able to win back to back games. That really doesn’t have much to do with my take here, except for the fact that maybe it kind of figures based on how even these teams have been through the first six games.

In the end, the performance of NBA Game Seven home teams is the key for me, and I don’t mind the apparent fact that the wagering ticket majority percentage is on the road dog Heat in this game. I’ll be surprised if this isn’t a competitive clash, but I’ll be making my play on Toronto and hoping they can get past the number in the process.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

> NBA Playoff GAME SEVEN home teams off a Game 6 'OVER' (Raptors) have gone 14-2 ATS since 2003... and 11-1 ATS off back-to-back 'OVERS' in last two games (Raptors).
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

The defending champion and top-seeded Golden State Warriors are one series away from another appearance in the NBA Finals but are staring at an opponent that seems to get stronger by the game. The Oklahoma City Thunder will try to steal Game 1 on the road when they visit the Warriors for the series opener on Monday.

The Thunder have won four of their five road games in the postseason and took a pair in the semifinals at San Antonio, which dropped only one home game during the regular season. "The one thing that's happened for our team, which has been good, is Dallas and San Antonio," Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan told reporters. "These games helped us get better. We have improved and gotten better. I think there's an opportunity to continue to grow for our team.” The Warriors spent most of the first two rounds without two-time MVP Stephen Curry, but the star point guard returned in the final two games of the semifinals against Portland and averaged 34.5 points, 9.5 assists and seven rebounds while providing the dagger 3-pointers that clinched both wins. Golden State got four full days off between series to help heal Curry’s knee injury and buy some time for center Andrew Bogut (adductor), who left Game 5 against the Trail Blazers and sat out practices on Friday and Saturday.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, TNT

ABOUT THE THUNDER: Oklahoma City lost Game 1 against the Spurs by 32 points but rebounded to win the series behind stars Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. Westbrook, who drew some criticism and heaped more on himself after needing 31 shots to get 31 points in a Game 3 loss, was arguably the best player on the floor in the final three games of the series, dictating the pace and relentlessly attacking the basket. “I’m excited for all of our players,” Donovan told reporters. “Those guys have done a tremendous job and have worked really hard getting prepared to play each game. I’m just happy that we get a chance to advance and continue to play.”

ABOUT THE WARRIORS: Golden State will start Festus Ezeli at center if Bogut is unable to go in Game 1, and the team is confident a reserve frontcourt that includes Anderson Varejao and Marreese Speights can pick up the slack. “We’ve got a lot of options, a lot of depth,” Kerr said. “The good thing is, we’ve had to play without a lot of people this year, and we’ve had to adapt to that. We’ll figure it out.” All-Star forward Draymond Green rolled his ankle in the finale against Portland but has been practicing over the weekend and is more worried about getting baited into technical fouls (he’s already been whistled for four during the postseason) than he is about the ankle.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Warriors SG Klay Thompson is averaging 27.2 points in the postseason and made at least five 3-pointers in seven straight games.

2. Oklahoma City C Steven Adams averaged 11 points on 70.3 percent shooting and 11.8 rebounds against San Antonio.

3. Golden State took each of the three meetings during the regular season.

PREDICTION: Warriors 123, Thunder 119

Oklahoma City Thunder are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Thunder are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
Thunder are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
Golden State Warriors are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 home games.
Under is 5-1 in Warriors last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
Under is 4-1 in Warriors last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
Head to Head Thunder are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Golden State.
Thunder are 1-4-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

All games in this series since 1996
OKLAHOMA CITY is 37-35 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE since 1996
OKLAHOMA CITY is 45-28 straight up against GOLDEN STATE since 1996
41 of 70 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1996
Games over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 5-4 against the spread versus OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 7-3 straight up against OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

All games played at GOLDEN STATE since 1996
OKLAHOMA CITY is 19-18 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE since 1996
GOLDEN STATE is 19-18 straight up against OKLAHOMA CITY since 1996
20 of 36 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1996
Games played at GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 4-1 against the spread versus OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 5-0 straight up against OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Oklahoma City Thunder (55-27) at Golden State Warriors (73-9)

NBA: Monday, May 16, 2016, at 9:00 p.m. ET

Line: Golden State -7.5

Over/Under: 223.5

The Oklahoma City Thunder travel to Oracle Arena to take on the Golden State Warriors for game one of the Western Conference Finals. This series features the two top offensive teams in the league. Golden State averaged 114.9 points and were the best shooting team of all time during the season. Oklahoma City averaged a whopping 110.2 points this year. The Warriors took care of business as they beat the Trail Blazers in five games in their previous series. Portland surely battled all series and exceeded expectations as many believed they wouldn’t even be near a playoff team after losing nearly their entire starting lineup. Oklahoma City pulled off a minor upset as they beat the 67-15 Spurs in six games. Golden State won all four regular season meetings against the Thunder.

A lot of people thought that the Spurs would somehow win Game Six and kick the series back to San Antonio. Those people were wrong and the Thunder took over the game early, building a 24-point lead at the half. The Thunder won the game and finished out the series, 113-99. Kevin Durant led the Thunder with 37 points and nine rebounds. Russell Westbrook was magnificent going for 28 points and 12 assists. Oklahoma City shot 47 percent from the floor while holding an extremely efficient Spurs’ offense to 43 percent shooting. The Thunder out-rebounded the Spurs 50-40 in the contest, Center Steven Adams added 15 points and 11 rebounds in the win.

Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry are the most lethal shooting tandem of all-time and were on point in Game Five on Wednesday night. As a result, the Warriors topped the Trail Blazers 125-121 to wrap up the series in five games. Thompson led the Warriors with 33 points on 6-of-9 from deep. Curry wound up with 29 points and 11 assists. Golden State shot 51 percent while holding Portland to 41 percent. Draymond Green contributed with 13 points, 11 rebounds, and six assists.

Trends:

The Oklahoma City Thunder are:

6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.

The Golden State Warriors are:

4-1 over in last 5 overall.

The pick: Oklahoma City +7.5

Yes, the Warriors are the greatest regular season team ever but the Thunder have the best duo in the game. Whenever Oklahoma City gets seven points in a game, it’s easy to jump on it no matter who they play or where they play. Golden State should come out with a narrow win but they won’t cover the big number against a very confident Thunder squad.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI…I like GS ML and Over
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | OKLAHOMA CITY at GOLDEN STATE
Play Under - Home teams where the total is greater than or equal to 210 after failing to cover 2 of their last 3 against the spread against opponent after having covered 4 of their last 5 against the spread
91-47 since 1997. ( 65.9% | 39.3 units )
13-6 this year. ( 68.4% | 6.4 units )

Play Against - Any team vs the money line (GOLDEN STATE) good team - outscoring their opponents by 3+ points/game, after a combined score of 215 points or more 3 straight games
100-100 since 1997. ( 50.0% | 55.8 units )
10-14 this year. ( 41.7% | 3.0 units )

Play Against - Home favorites of 2 to 5.5 points vs. the first half line (GOLDEN STATE) hot team - having won 12 or more of their last 15 games, well rested team - playing 6 or less games in 14 days
47-19 over the last 5 seasons. ( 71.2% | 26.1 units )
10-6 this year. ( 62.5% | 3.4 units )
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

HOST in Golden St / Okla City SERIES is 7-0-1 ATS L2Y....WARRIORS: 9-2-1 ATS in Playoff GAME ONES... THUNDER: 2-11 ATS as GAME ONE dogs.

> NBA Playoff home favorites of -10 < points with 3 or 4 days of REST (Warriors) have gone 13-2 ATS in last five seasons in ROUNDS 2, 3, or 4.
UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Thanks POI
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

NBA

Monday, May 16

Trend Report

9:00 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY vs. GOLDEN STATE
Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Golden State
Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State's last 5 games
Golden State is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

OKLAHOMA CITY (63 - 30) at GOLDEN STATE (81 - 11) - 5/16/2016, 9:05 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY is 19-28 ATS (-11.8 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 210 this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 35-49 ATS (-18.9 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 25-34 ATS (-12.4 Units) after scoring 105 points or more this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 26-38 ATS (-15.8 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 51-38 ATS (+9.2 Units) in all games this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 40-31 ATS (+5.9 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 210 this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 48-37 ATS (+7.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 21-9 ATS (+11.1 Units) as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points over the last 3 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 57-39 ATS (+14.1 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 75-61 ATS (+7.9 Units) after scoring 105 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 58-40 ATS (+14.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 32-17 ATS (+13.3 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 40-26 ATS (+11.4 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 66-45 ATS (+16.5 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 156-114 ATS (+30.6 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent since 1996.

GOLDEN STATE is 5-4 against the spread versus OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 7-3 straight up against OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

The Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to be challenged this postseason and attempt to continue to cruise past opponents when they open the Eastern Conference finals against the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday. Cleveland is 8-0 in the playoffs after sweeping Detroit and Atlanta, while Toronto went the full seven games to eliminate both Indiana and Miami.

The Cavaliers will be the fresher team having not played since May 8 while the Raptors completed a hard-fought series with the Miami Heat on Sunday. "I've always said anytime you get an opportunity to get some rest throughout the course of our season, it's always beneficial for anybody," Cavaliers forward LeBron James told reporters. "Doesn't matter if you're a 31-year-old guy who's played a lot of basketball or you're a 19-year-old kid who just came into the league." Toronto has reached the conference finals for the first time in franchise history but coach Dwane Casey - a Dallas assistant when that organization won the 2011 NBA title - doesn't feel his team is satisfied. "It’s very important for our program," Casey told reporters. "I think we've done everything we've set out to do, but we're not done yet. I know what it's like to win a championship. I'm not saying we can do that, but I think this group is hungry."

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: Point guard Kyle Lowry began the postseason in a miserable slump but he starts the conference finals as a red-hot performer after averaging 35.5 points in the final two games of the series against the Heat. "It's the dedication that I've put into this game of basketball for myself and for this organization," Lowry told reporters after recording 35 points, nine assists, seven rebounds and four steals in the 116-89 Game 7 blowout victory. "I just wanted to make sure I could be the best player I could be, at all times - especially on the biggest stage." The Raptors will be without starting center Jonas Valanciunas (ankle) for at least the first two games of the series and Casey said Monday that "he's a little ways away from contributing in a playoff game."

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS: James averaged 23.5 points through the first two rounds of the playoffs - below his career mark of 28 per game - as point guard Kyrie Irving (24.4) and power forward Kevin Love (18.9 points, 12.5 rebounds) have both had strong postseasons. Coach Tyronn Lue feels the help other players - including the occasional boost from supporting cast players like guard J.R. Smith and forward Channing Frye - has been a big aid to James. "I don't think he's been in this position before where he can just sit back and see the flow of the game, see where he has to take over the game and it's been great for him," Lue told reporters. "I mean, to average 23 points or 24 points and sweep both series is big for us because now our other guys are stepping up, they're playing well and we know LeBron always can play well."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Raptors won two of the three regular-season meetings as Lowry soared (31-point average on 66 percent shooting) and SG DeMar DeRozan (15-point average on 38.1 percent shooting) struggled.

2. The Cavaliers made 77 3-point baskets in the four-game sweep of the Hawks.

3. Toronto C Bismack Biyombo recorded double-doubles in three of the last four games of the Miami series after his role increased due to Valaciunas' injury.

PREDICTION: Cavaliers 108, Raptors 95

Toronto Under is 6-0 in Raptors last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
Under is 4-0 in Raptors last 4 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
Under is 8-1 in Raptors last 9 road games.
Cleveland Under is 6-1 in Cavaliers last 7 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
Under is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 Tuesday games.
Head to Head Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
Raptors are 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings in Cleveland.
poipounder
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: nba playoff stuff!

Toronto Raptors 64-32 (50-46 ATS) at Cleveland Cavaliers 65-25 (42-45 ATS)

When and Where: Tuesday, May 17, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio 8:30pm EDT

The Cavaliers return to the Eastern Conference finals for the second straight year, after relatively easy efforts in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Cleveland earned sweeps over both Detroit and Atlanta and come into this matchup a perfect 8-0 in the 2015-16 postseason. Things have been a little more difficult for Toronto. The second-seeded Raptors were stretched to the full seven games in their first round series win over Indiana. Against Miami, Toronto again needed seven games, finally finishing off the Heat in Sunday’s 116-89 home victory. This is the first ever trip to the Eastern Conference finals for the Raptors.

After a disastrous slump to start the postseason, Kyle Lowry has heated up. The point guard averaged 35.5 points over the final two games of the series against Miami. In Game 7, Lowry had 35 points, nine assists, seven rebounds, and four steals. Backcourt mate DeMar DeRozen averaged over 20 points and five rebounds in the series with the Heat. Toronto won two of the three games against the Cavaliers in the regular season but lost by 22 points in their only trip to Cleveland. One reason that both of the Raptors‘ previous series have gone seven games is that their offense is prone to go in the tank for stretches, which will be something they can not afford to let happen against this talented Cavs’ squad. Bismack Biyombo has had a solid postseason on the glass, with 125 rebounds through 14 playoff games, the second best in the league behind just Mason Plumlee’s 130.

The defending Eastern Conference champions begin their title defense on Tuesday night with Game of their best-of-seven series against the upstart Raptors. To this point they are the only undefeated team in the playoffs and just the ninth team in NBA history to start the postseason 8-0. In their Eastern Conference semifinals sweep over Atlanta, the team hit 77 3-pointers, averaging 19.3 per game. The 77 makes from distance are the most in NBA history for a series that lasted six games or less. They also became the first team in league history to make at least 15 threes in four straight games. J.R. Smith is shooting 50.8 percent from beyond the arc, having made 31 of 61. Canning Frye, Kyrie Irving, Richard Jefferson, Iman Shumpert, and Kevin Love are all shooting at least 44 percent from 3-point range. The defense has not been too shabby either. The Cavs have held their opponents to under 100 points in six of their eight playoff games.

Trends:

Toronto is:

5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600

Cleveland is:

2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 Tuesday games

Pick: Toronto +10.5

While Cleveland will certainly be the fresher of the two sides, they should also be the rustier team. The Cavs have not played since May 8, while the Raptors played just two days ago. That is not to say that the Cavaliers will not win this game, however, 10.5 points are just too many to give up for a team that has not played in over a week. Look for Cleveland to win this one down the stretch, but not cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT All times are America/Los_Angeles
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: