26: All Forums
27: All Forums
28: All Forums
29: All Forums
30: All Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content preview
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

All Forums > WHATS ON YOUR MIND > SPORTS SHIT > KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????
KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

if there was any way we could get 32 people in this, i think it would be fun as hell.....

would be awesome to have a gopher put up something for his book members only and ofcourse new sign ups...

Rules

- Contestants must post two plays per day

- All plays will be from the MLB card that I'll post

- MLs, RLs and Totals only

- Cannot take the same team on ML and RL

- Cannot take the same team as your opponent (so if poster X posts St Louis -140 poster Y cannot take STL on either the ML or RL)

- Cannot take the opposite of your opponent ONLY ON THE WEEKEND. This is to avoid one guy simply fading his opponent on the weekend if he is down by a couple units. Going opposite is completely fine Mon-Fri)

- Must make both plays in the same post and post must be in at least FIVE MINUTES prior to the posted start time of the first time you've selected

- Best record in terms of units won/loss at the end of the week is the winner and moves on to the next round

- In the event of a rainout or PPD/cancelled game the poster must make up that play the following day, or if they are able to they may post an additional play for that day. On Sunday you must make up the play that day. You may post a "Just in case" makeup play to be safe also

Example: It's Sunday and one of my two plays is the 8 pm night game. There is a chance of rain. Obviously if it does get rained out impossible for me to find another game to make it up with. So I would post:

Toronto ML -115
Baltimore ML +120

**Makeup play in case of rainout- Cinci -155

And if either game gets PPD cinci will fill in as a makeup play. This also includes rain shortened games if you selected either the RL or total.

Any rained out game that does not get made up is an automatic loss and -1 unit

Last edited by bagz on Thu May 29, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

or even if we could get 16 people...

Last edited by bagz on Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr.Roper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

maybe gopher can post odds for overall winner and individual match-ups so we can have side action on like we did in past

simpleandy
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

In
RoundinAintEasy
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

add me to the in list as always

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

what if we did it $20 bucks a person.. that would be 320 pot...

200 1st place.. 120 2nd...

ill get in and i know weezer will...

and if you can get in more than once if wanted...

JJMANIAC
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

I will play
sdtnvols42

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

Im In

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

anyone else.. this could be fun.. with side betting ect...

halvey18
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

im in...even tho i havent followed mlb or plan on doing so anytime soon! but ya sign me up, competition looks weak... Hat tip
GOPHER

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

In, bring it on Chelsea chump
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

a dozen more people and we got this.. lol

halvey18
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

couldnt we do it with 8? im 100% sure erickson will join...
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

im sure we could...

--phillyfan--
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

I think we should set up a contest where each player gets 1 or maybe 2 picks daily, lines must be under -125 and each win counts as 1pt and loses dont count as anything, first capper to reach the set # of W's whether its 30 or 35 wins contest

That way guys can play what they like and arent forced to play just baseball or hoops and we get everyone's Best play of the day and its very competitive. U can play any line in any sport as long as its under -125

(Doesnt have to be this exact way but something similiar that incorporates multiple sports)
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

--phillyfan-- wrote:
I think we should set up a contest where each player gets 1 or maybe 2 picks daily, lines must be under -125 and each win counts as 1pt and loses dont count as anything, first capper to reach the set # of W's whether its 30 or 35 wins contest

That way guys can play what they like and arent forced to play just baseball or hoops and we get everyone's Best play of the day and its very competitive. U can play any line in any sport as long as its under -125

(Doesnt have to be this exact way but something similiar that incorporates multiple sports)

that would be fine philly.. but we dont have a module for that and we would need someone to run contest.. if you want to do it and post up odds and score the plays each day that would be awesome.. i got to much to do as it is...

--phillyfan--
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

i would be willing to keep score, we could do it like old times and create me a Standings Box like the old MLB when i 1st got here.

Guys could just post their own plays in thread, i would just have to figure out whats the best way to post all the lines for the mutiple sports or just have guys post their own lines

Or just do the Dog Day MLB and stick to ur Bracket Challenge.

Maybe some guys would wanna do a Side Competition like me and Gopher did for NCAAF before.

Last edited by --phillyfan-- on Fri May 30, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE HILL MLB BRACKET CONTEST???????

make a separate post about this and lets see what we come up with

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > SPORTS SHIT All times are America/Los_Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: