22: All Forums
23: Home
24: All Forums
25: Home
26: All Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content preview
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

All Forums > WHATS ON YOUR MIND > ALL OTHER SHIT > IM JUST CURIOUS???
IM JUST CURIOUS???
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > ALL OTHER SHIT
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: IM JUST CURIOUS???

am i the only one that posts in the forum other stuff besides contest plays?

what was it like around here a few months back? nothing but contests stuff? no interacting?

i just dont get it.. is it that people are lazy? just dont give a fuck? or are just here for the contests?

or is it im a fool and wasting my time??? :feedback: :feedback: :feedback: :feedback: :feedback: :feedback: :feedback:

Last edited by johnny on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Hook
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

We love you, MAN!

johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

The Hook wrote:
We love you, MAN!

love ya to brother....

Firegreen
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

hi johnny
catfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

It was always that way. Other than the shoutouts and contests, there were very few threads and responses to those threads.
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

ya cat.. you used to post your ass off also.. i tired to reply to your threads... like the one you posted the other day.... glad to see that your still around....hope to see some more posts coming from ya...

catfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

I was always around, just never posted. Im confused why the change handle?

Last edited by catfish on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

cat check private message

johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

since nobody really gives a shit about interacting on forum posts and even giving a opinion on ANYTHING.. how bout we remove forum completely and just leave up contest threads and make the site one big chat???....

call it SPORTS CHAT

i look at all the other forums and most everyone interacts and its more then just contest shit... i dont get why we cant be like that also.. but i guess this place and its members just aint into it.. i repect that.. but just dont dig it.. seems to be a total waste of time

thanks though to the ones that do reply on stuff...

sdtnvols42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

Gonna try to start a new thread today and will try to stay on top of it to keep things in the Forum hopping. Look For New Thread Called Stonecold Stevie D's Trend Of The Day.

johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

sdtnvols42 wrote:
Gonna try to start a new thread today and will try to stay on top of it to keep things in the Forum hopping. Look For New Thread Called Stonecold Stevie D's Trend Of The Day.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

halvey18
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

johnny wrote:
since nobody really gives a shit about interacting on forum posts and even giving a opinion on ANYTHING.. how bout we remove forum completely and just leave up contest threads and make the site one big chat???....

call it SPORTS CHAT

i look at all the other forums and most everyone interacts and its more then just contest shit... i dont get why we cant be like that also.. but i guess this place and its members just aint into it.. i repect that.. but just dont dig it.. seems to be a total waste of time

thanks though to the ones that do reply on stuff...

forum will never become "active" again...too much competition, not enough members...pretty sure a chunk of our members do their sports "discussion" on other sites...i actually think ditching the forum and making a chat/shout the heart of the site (maybe the lungs, contests can still be the heart haha) would be a positive change (need something to differentiate from competition)...there's just too many sites like this one...

:beatingA_DeadHorse:
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

the reason no other sports forum even has a chat and or a vid chat is because they want posts.. the more posts the better chance they have for advertisers... but we have never been about paid advertisers ......

if we didnt have chat the forum would be more active.. but i like the chat and i also think others do to...

i will think of a few things and throw it out here... hope others chime in and give their thoughts on this...

we can leave all contests up and also the best bets for people to post their plays...

Last edited by johnny on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
catfish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

The culture of this site has always been the shoutouts and the contests. I joined because of the contests (don't really care for the shoublock). Honestly, I was hoping there would be more interaction via the thread mode. Tried to make that happen but it never materailized. I noticed the Service Plays thread died. What a shame! That was the one vehicle this site had that attracted "new" members. Might be pissing in the wind but it seems like there is a core of about 15-20 members that actively use this site. Add a few more casual visitors like myself. Wait till the Super Bowl pools start and count the number of participants and compare it to last year's number. That will give you a good idea on how many are actually here. You should be commended for keeping this site open in lieu of the lack of paid advertisments. I know I speak for others in saying, "THANK YOU JOHNNY"! Hat tip
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

thank you catfish... this place is my home.. unfortunately i was unable to be around much last year but it still is in my heart and always will be....

i know we dont have many members and to me that is cool.. the ones we have rock hard and have each others backs and the trust here is like no others....

its not about getting more members.. just seems like a waste of time to post if nobody really cares.. im not bitchin just saying... i can see by the views that people read them.. but hell i read yahoo and dont comment....

im sure i can make it so we have the contests and forum on same page to make in unique and like no other site for US.... not to attract others...

lets see what others think

and thanks again for the years of being a tgesf faithful member...

Big Lou
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

well, how many members are active on here compared to like the rx or covers? they have hundreds of active members who open threads and comment on threads on a daily basis...just never going to be like that on here..

to be honest...i only read a thread once in a blue...much less comment on it...
johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

i understand that for sure lou... BUT... if 36 people read a post and 0 reply.. whats the point?

johnny
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

i personally like the mix and match pools better...

UnstoppableForce
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: IM JUST CURIOUS???

sdtnvols42 wrote:

Nice. I am also going to post my NBA plays daily as best as I can and tracking my Record/Units as I do and have done previous season on Covers and tried here before. I know not too many love the NBA here and not many care much for it...Doing it for myself Hat tip
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > ALL OTHER SHIT All times are America/Los_Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: