08: Home
09: All Forums
10: All Forums
11: Home
12: All Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content preview
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

All Forums > CONTEST CENTRAL > CONTEST QUESTIONS AND IDEAS > THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. 75K UPDATED
THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. 75K UPDATED
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > CONTEST QUESTIONS AND IDEAS
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. 75K UPDATED

a few of you asked me about it.. so here is the info...

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:01 PM, Dan Hoffer <dhoffer@PeninsulaHumaneSociety.org> wrote:

Hello everyone!! It’s almost football season and its time again for the Survival Pool! The entry fee will remain 400.

We will be using the same website we have used the last few years. www.simplysportsware.com It is very easy, so don’t be discouraged! All you have to do is sign up and then send me your entry and you’re in. You will be receiving another email from me asking you to join the pool. As always friends are welcome so feel free to invite anyone who would like to participate. If you have someone else that wants to join that I haven’t already invited, please send me their email and I will send them everything they need to get started. If you wish to have multiple entries, the website is set up to accommodate that.

PLEASE READ THE ATTACHMENT THAT I HAVE INCLUDED IN THIS EMAIL! You will continue to be able to choose your team up until kickoff of the game that you are selecting however if you do not make a pick in time you will have to pick another game later in the day or the next day, if you do not make a pick prior to the end of the week, your pick will be considered a loser and you will be out of the pool. No exceptions or excuses, all non-picks will be counted as losers!!!

As a reminder, picks will continue to be entered on the website by you, emails should not be sent to Dan unless you are having issues with the site and/or need help.

The website will send an update sheet to everyone letting you know everyone’s picks once they are in or you can go to the website and see who everyone has picked once games have started. The website will also send reminder emails!

For most pools of this nature the organizer(s) takes 10% or more off the top for the great deal of time and effort it takes to run a pool of this size. However, I have never taken money off the top to run it, nor will I now, but, I would like to sincerely thank those who have tipped in the past as it is greatly appreciated!!!

Any questions, please email Dan Hoffer at dhoffer @ phs-spca.org and he can help you!

Good luck this year and have fun!!! Your invite from the website will be arriving shortly!!!!

If you would like to be removed from this email list and also removed permanently from the simplysportsware.com website please email me with “Remove” and I will delete you.

here is the pdf file

2014 NFL SEASON
SURVIVAL POOL

THIS POOL IS FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY. IF IT WAS REAL, THE ENTRY FEE WOULD BE $40000 (PAID ENTRIES DUE BY TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd). If I don’t receive the entry fee by this date, your entry will be deleted from the website!

RULES: Each NFL weekend, (EXCLUDING PRESEASON) pick one team to win (no point spreads). YOU CAN'T PICK THE SAME TEAM TWICE, AND THE FIRST TIME THAT THE TEAM THAT YOU PICKED LOSES; YOU'RE OUT FOR THE YEAR. If your team ties, it will be considered a win.

WEEKLY PICKS: Picks must be in before game-time of the game you are picking for the week!

If you fail to make a pick by Sunday Morning then you will have to choose a Sunday Afternoon game, a Sunday night game, or Monday night game. You will have until kickoff of each week’s game to make a pick, if you fail to make a pick by the Monday Night game then your blank pick will be considered a loss and you will be out of the pool. No exceptions. When filling out your forms please include the best number to contact you, should we need to contact you for any reason. Although we are here to help in any way possible, please remember it your responsibility to make sure that your pick has been correctly submitted and is on time.

This season the pool will continue to be hosted on www.simplysportsware.com All picks will be submitted through the website. If you were part of the pool last year and want to be in the pool again, you do not need to re-register, simply put in your username and password from last year and you are all set, you will be able to pick the number of entries you want and change your team names if you would like, if you have forgotten your user name or password the site will help you remember. If you don’t have enough information to retrieve your username and password, then you can simply register again under a new email address. Just let us know so we can delete your old teams!!! New players and old players will receive an email invitation to join the pool, the pool name and password will be in the email you receive. New players will then go to the website and follow the instructions to sign up. You should have no difficulty getting on the website, but if you need assistance getting set up please contact Dan Hoffer at dhoffer @ phs-spca.org or at 650-218-8757. The website will send email reminders to make your pick as well as a list of all picks for the week.

PAYOUTS: If this pool were real, it would be a winner take all pool. The last person to survive would win the entire pot (amount to be determined after all entries are in). If all remaining players lose in the same week, the pot would be divided amoungst those players. For most pools of this nature the organizer(s) takes 10% or more off the top as it takes a great deal of time and effort to run a pool of this size.. However, I have never taken money off the top to run it, nor will I now, however, I would like to thank those who have tipped in the past as it is greatly appreciated!!!

The first pick is due prior to kickoff for whichever game you choose for week 1. Week 1 begins Thursday, September 4th and runs through Monday, September 8th.

If this wasn’t just for fun, you would cut out and send the bottom half of this form with check payable to Dan Hoffer, to 770 Baden Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080. Any questions call 650-218-8757.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NAME:__________________________ Pool Entry Name:_____________________________

E-MAIL ADDRESS: ___________________ Phone Number:_________________________

SIGNATURE (I have read and understand all the rules): _____________________________

Last edited by bagz on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. LAST YEAR POT WAS 60K

for the record this guy has been doing this for years and my brother and parents have played in for years also.. so its a straight up deal...

let me know if your going to get in it.. would love to see how ya do...

what would be awesome if we could get a bunch to go in and have the forum get a entry...

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. LAST YEAR POT WAS 60K

hell even if the group did for a wager it would be a nice investment at a shot at a great payout...

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. LAST YEAR POT WAS 60K.. OPEN TO PEOPLE HERE

last year there when it came down to the last 3 people they each took 15k and played for the balance ...

bagz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. LAST YEAR POT WAS 60K.. OPEN TO PEOPLE HERE

12 people left and my brother is one of them... my mom said the pot is around 75k.....

stangdudex
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: THE SURVIVOR POOL MY BROTHER IS IN.. 75K UPDATED

Awesome, Hope he wins it!!! I know one thats 400,000 this year ran from new york. send 100$ in mail per entry. CASH!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index > CONTEST QUESTIONS AND IDEAS All times are America/Los_Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: